• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

500ml super sexy craft bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crouch

Reaction score
Hey peoples

I'm keen to grab a bunch of bottles (even though I keg my beer), as I'm limited by keg space and want to start moving to a system of carbonating in kegs, leaving to mature a little in my (soon to built) cool room and then transfer them to bottles. I've found that by only having beer on tap I'm drinking silly amounts and using bottles gives me a controlled measure of how much I'm drinking, it also makes it easy to give to friends etc.

I'm really keen on these bottles from Plasdene, though they are a little pricey at $0.80c each and only come in pallet quantities (1165 bottles) so I'm looking at a cost of ~$932, storing the pallet in my warehouse is not an issue. They are also an imported bottle so have a lead time of 12 weeks, though for me that is not much of an issue but its good to know. Just for reference, any bottles on their site that have BC in the product code are imported, anything with AC is Australian stock.

Before I go ahead and order these bottles I thought I would ask if anyone else is interested. This is not really a 'bulk buy' per-say as the only quantities this bottle comes in is pallets, and I doubt we'll be looking at multiple pallets where price breaks would come in. I'll probably be buying this anyway, but I can more easily justify it the wife if I know others might be interested in taking some bottles of my hands and hence contribute to the cost.

Pick up would be from Heidelberg West (VIC) and would not be expected for collection until later in the year.

Anyone interested? If not, I might look at another bottle that is available in pack quantities - though I do love this bottle, very 'craft-beer' and a good size too!

Cheers

BC-500-159-AM.jpg

500ml (this also comes in a heavier bottle but is more expensive)

Edit: I just noticed that the heavier bottle comes in Pack quantities of 12 bottles per pack so will make enquiries about the price per pack and at what quantities we start seeing price breaks. Will get details, have a chat with the Admins and perhaps see if I can get a BB organised - I'd much rather not have to buy a pallet of bottles :)

If you want sexy, have a look at this thread. Smaller bottles at 330mL but sexy, no doubt. There are some links in the thread that you should follow too.
No porkspin I promice :)

Edit - I did an APA based on Vale Ale for my brothers 40th and everybody thought the bottles were awesome.
Some even liked the beer in them....

+1 for what Idzy said, we bought a pallet of the "AC-500-360-AM" bottles, very nice looking 500ml jobbies. They worked out to about 35 cents each for a pallet of 1,800.

This is the ones we got:

AC-500-360-AM.jpg

Hmm. I'm not really into getting more bottles, but I'd be interested in the cubes they sell (seeing as Bunnings only does the blue ones now).

Shame I missed out on that bulk buy. It came a few months before I popped my AHB cherry.

And seriously... Cool room? How many projects are trying to do at once? You're not going to have anything left to do on retirement!

Yeah okay .. thanks for the links to the other threads, and the price of that pallet for those bottles is MUCH better .. wonder why? They dont seem to have that bottles listed anymore? Bit of shame, at that price I'd have just ordered a pallet to my warehouse no problems.

Will keep at it though, might make an enquiry about that product code and see what gives.

Cheers

mofox1 said:
Hmm. I'm not really into getting more bottles, but I'd be interested in the cubes they sell (seeing as Bunnings only does the blue ones now).

Shame I missed out on that bulk buy. It came a few months before I popped my AHB cherry.

And seriously... Cool room? How many projects are trying to do at once? You're not going to have anything left to do on retirement!
You only need to get to $120 to do your own shopping at Plasdene...that's not hard to do with everything they have there...grab a couple of brewing mates and you're in.

mofox1 said:

I only spend 1 day a week (every now and then sometimes a few more) in the office catching up with my managers and staff, otherwise the rest of my time is spent faffing around in my workshop/studio or with family ... I need extreme hobby projects to keep me busy :)

Would be interested in 24 odd bottles depending on price... The are pretty sweet... Tim

Are you sure that buying 1,800 bottles will help in your quest to cut down on the amnt you are drinking reguardless of how cool they are ??

:drinks:

I'd take 120 bottles of the 500ml if this goes ahead.

If you can get them to Perth WA I would been for somewhere in the 120 Bottle range.
Would really come down to freight to WA and cost per bottle for me.

Plasdene got back to me and said they no longer keep 500ml bottles in stock. They gave me quotes for 330ml and 640ml bottles, neither of which i'm massively keen on so will look for another supplier.

They did give me what i thought was a reasonable quote on 60L fermenters, both by the piece or for a pallet of 27.

60l fermenter (solid black lid, not see through) (PL-60LTR-2631-NT) = $30.43 + GST each, or $27.39 +GST for 27 units.

Looks very similar to the James Squire Orchard Crush cider bottles

Drink cider, keep bottles

I had a chat with O-I Australia today, their minimum purchase is 16 pallets (!!!) but they gave me contact details for Silverlock with whom they mentioned had just ordered the bottles I'm interested in this month. Will give them a call shortly to find out details.

Right-o, just had a super helpful conversation with Alecia from Silverlock - wow, shits all over the service from Plasdene!

They don't have the bottle listed on their site at the moment but is confirmed in stock and ready for pickup or delivery next week, it is this bottle listed on the O-I website and is the same as the bottle listed above in this thread by carniebrew.

Minimum order is 1 pallet of 1800 bottles. They are lose packed on the pallet and machine wrapped and heatshrinked so need to be broken down and packed into boxes at my warehouse.

All prices include GST unless noted.

The pallet price per bottle is $0.33c + GST ($0.363 per bottle) giving us a pallet cost of $653.40. There is a $38.50 delivery charge to my warehouse in Heidelberg West.

Boxes are available that will likely fit 12 bottles per box and they are getting back to me with the dimensions but she was pretty sure that whilst not specifically designed for these bottles (they are adjustable height so can fit multiple layers) that they will fit 1 layer of 12 bottles (3x4). The boxes are $1.54 per box. The boxes have Silverlock branding printed on them. They also have boxes available that can fit 24 bottles, in 2 rows - 12 bottles stacked on a layer of 12 bottles with a divider between them (extra $0.11), but I did not enquire about those.

All up, this gives a total cost per pack of 12 bottles in a box of $6.15. Given this is not a bulk buy as I do not need anyone else to 'go in' to buy the pallet, I'll be ordering 1 pallet next week and offering 12 packs of bottles for $7.50 (don't know if this makes me a 'retailer' in terms of this forum?). This gives me a little bit extra to cover the cost of sticky tape, and a tiny fraction for my time breaking down the pallet and packing boxes.

Until I have the bottles and boxes in my hands I am hesitant to offer postage as I am unsure of how much (if any) packaging material can be added to help secure the bottles in the box. In the even that packing material can be added for postage, this would also increase the cost marginally.

Anyone interested in bottles (via pickup from Heidelberg West) can shoot me a PM, but I highly recommend Silverlock for service over the chaps at Plasdene if anyone does want to organise a bulk buy in the future ... I did mention that to Alecia and she said, and I quote "Thanks so much, I love hearing that".

Cheers

Latest posts

Back