5 Week Ferment - What To Brew?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big G

Reaction score
Long time lurker. I am travelling soon for 5 weeks and would like to use this time to have a beer nicely fermenting for when I return, so I am after ideas for something that can be left alone for this time. I have a temperature controlled fridge, a 20 L Braumeister and a spare keg so looking at something compatable with that equipment. A Belgian, Saison, Bierre De Garde all sound good but I have not travelled that path before, but keen to give it a go. So what recipe would you do?

Thanks

If you have the time before you go you could put down a lager then rack and cold condition for the time you are away?

Anything you fancy all will be O.K. if left in the fermenter for 5 weeks

If you have a fermenting-fridge and live in the southern part of the country, I'd be making a lager.

What ever I like to drink. All beers will be fine at that long and all beers will benefit from that time. Well maybe not a wheat beer but anything else will be fine.

If you find that you dont brew lagers or other long ferment beers as they take to much time then brew that if not you can do anything you like

Back