Quantcast

5 In 1 - Brew Frame And Multi Table

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

phoenixdigital

Reaction score
I thought I would share my pride and joy here. I know there is already Brew Rig thread but this is so much more than just a brew rig.

Its a brew rig/frame
2013_01_05_08.42.54.jpg

Its also a coffee table (while brew rig is in use)
2013_01_04_17.54.22.jpg

Then when not in use all pots store under frame and coffee table sits directly on top to make a dining table
2013_01_06_11.20.17.jpg

But add two pieces of wood which fit neatly halfway up the legs.... and you have a bar (mid paint job)
2012_12_02_16.52.38.jpg

Another shot fully painted and being used as it should be used (in the bar configuration)
272497_10151183847448282_615242626_o.jpg

I just need a custom made BBQ cover to fit over the frame to protect the pots from the elements and to make it look a little more classy (no pots visible)

So its 5 in one
  1. Brew rig
  2. Storage unit
  3. Coffee table
  4. Dining table
  5. Bar top

carniebrew

Brewvy baby, brewvy!
Reaction score
Top stuff right there. Great use of the space on that balcony. What do you reckon it cost in time and $$$ to put together, and when are you building me one?

m3taL

Reaction score
Love your work

i'm trying to design somthing similar that i can pack up and fold away in the shed so it can be used as a bench top out there

I'm a Sheety / Metal Fab by trade but currently working as an Electrician until we start getting the machinery to start building switchboards.

hope by March i'v got a shed full of machinry to build up a good brew rig!!

Cheerz

carniebrew

Brewvy baby, brewvy!
Reaction score
I'm a Sheety / Metal Fab by trade but currently working as an Electrician until we start getting the machinery to start building switchboards.
:icon_offtopic: All Melbourne-based AHB members can now call Jamie for help wiring up STC-1000's.....number Jamie?? Member's discount offered right???

phoenixdigital

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Just finished painting the bench seat so everything matches now.

It was initially going to only be 4 in 1 brew rig, storage, coffee table and bar top. But I had a flash of genius and worked out how to make it a dining table too just by adding removable pieces of wood.

The brew rig frame I designed in sketchup to accommodate our pots and future esky growth for when we do triple batches. A friend who does metal work welded it up for us and didn't want any cash so that was free (apart from 3 tins of black killrust ~$15 each)

The table was just a a few pieces of dressed pine from bunnings for legs and rectangle to attach table top and give structure ~$40
The top was just again from bunnings and is just a benchtop made up of little pieces of pine. I think it was about $80

Took about 3-4 hours to cut up and put together the table top.

Then paint/stain was about $80 which took a few days to paint a few coats.

So all up about $245 and 10 hours work. We lucked out with out mate building the frame for free.

I probably spent more as I bought a belt sander, router (for curved table edges) but I dont count them as they will be used for future projects.

If I could do it again I would get smaller steel tubing as 40mm ends up making this beast SUPER heavy. I think we worked out it was about 16m of steel tubing for the whole frame.

JDW81

I make wort, the yeast make it beer.
Reaction score
:icon_offtopic: All Melbourne-based AHB members can now call Jamie for help wiring up STC-1000's.....number Jamie?? Member's discount offered right???

:icon_offtopic:
In point cook too, just around the corner!!

Latest posts