450 mill stubbies and charging

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mfc

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m brewing an imperial stout and have come across 30 grotsch stubbies ,the 750m I’m using 2 pellets , how should/much I charge the 450m stubbies?
Regards mark

I would sugest bulk priming to get the right carb level. If sticking with the drops would go for 1 in 450ml as stouts have a lower carb level than ales & lagers.

If you want to stick with the little lollies, the answer has to be one per bottle.
Different styles of beer have different ideal amounts of condition or carbonation (charge isn't really the right term here). Stouts are generally on the lower side so this will work to your advantage in this case.

Carbonation drops are a pretty blunt instrument, there are ways to get more precise control over your carbonation.
Worth looking up "Bulk Priming" or have a read of Braukaiser, he has a good section on conditioning beers and a few ways to control the amount of fizz.
Mark

If you're planning for long term storage, swing tops may not be your best bet. I'd go crown seal for anything needing aging.
+1 to MHBs suggestion to read up on bulk priming. That's what I do and it's easy as.

Latest posts

Back