• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

45 Litre Soda Keg, Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamboat

Fantasy Brewer
Reaction score
I scored a 45L soda keg, with the intention of butchering it to make a larger mash tun. Seeing these things being flogged on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...6119921262&rd=1
made it seem that to do such a thing would be sacrilige....

So what I am looking to do is to sell it off, and head off to a HBS with a fistful of fifties and buy a couple of 19L kegs to start my foray into kegging, or to swap it for a couple of 19L kegs.

There are some dents in the base, but the thing was under pressure when I got it, so there is no question that it will do the job required.

Send me a PM if you want to make an offer, or are keen for a swap.

Dreamboat

Would make a very nice stainless fermenter. Rack your beer by pushing it out the liquid out post with CO2. I'd love one for bigger batches. Unfortunately I'm a long way away.

Couldn't tell you to be honest, as I said, I am new to this kegging caper. The fittings on the top, one bleed lever thingy, plus two other fittings which resemble garden type connectors, but with a ball visible inside the opening.
I will take a couple of photo's tonight and post them, so things can be correctly identified.

Dreamboat

Picture 1 of keg...

100_4501_small.jpg

Picture 3... you have gotta love the camera work here!

100_4500_small.jpg

Picture 4.. the last one, showing the dents in the base

100_4502_small.jpg

No interest yet from the masses?

Might have to flog it on ebay or in the trading post if nobody here is interested.

dreamboat

Hi dreamboat,

I think you will find that it is not dented in the bottom as that is how they all look.
I have got a couple of them and they are Myton Grovener (sp?) with ball lock fittings.
If I wasnt as far away I would buy it from you as I recon that they are excellent.
Good luck with the sale but if you dont sell it and you are asking a reasonable price then PM me and we will talk.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back