40a Ssr

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey crusty can you tell me what type of switches you are using, are they spst , dpst, dpdt or even better where you got them from, i just need this info so i can get it right

my wiring diagram wasn't useful?

It was ok mate cheers.
Everything is pretty much working except for the SSR switching.
The sparky admitted a boo boo with polarity the other day & thinks he's fried the SSR.
The PID tells the SSR to fire, the SSR lights up with the red diode but nothing coming from the SSR.
Does it sound stuffed?
Anyone have a spare 40A one from auberins? I will post in the WTB thread.
Cheers all.

On the mains side of the SSR do you have the active being switched? I mean does it have the brown wire going to one side of the ssr and then out to the element. The blue wire just goes direct to the element?

Do you have the switch already wired in - maybe take that out to see if that helps get power to the element.

On the mains side of the SSR do you have the active being switched? I mean does it have the brown wire going to one side of the ssr and then out to the element. The blue wire just goes direct to the element?

Do you have the switch already wired in - maybe take that out to see if that helps get power to the element.

I cant make sense of the wiring mate, definitely not my department.
The SSR light is on so I thought its not fried but he tested with a meter & 0.
He contacted his wholesale supplier & they reckon hes fried it.

here you go crusty I think this is how you want it wired up. I don't know exactly how the switch pins are numbered so check them before wiring up, also make sure that the RIMS tube is earthed as well as the element. Sorry for how rough it is.

View attachment crusty.pdf

:icon_offtopic: How the hell do I quote a reply then answer that & quote someone elses reply & answer that as well in the same reply.

Just hit the +Quote Button

Begin to answer both posts in two separate windows, then copy the text from one
and paste into the other window.

+Quote Button on each post you want to reply to and then 'Add reply'
I'm still amazed that people attempt such complicated wiring jobs when they know so little about it.

here you go crusty I think this is how you want it wired up. I don't know exactly how the switch pins are numbered so check them before wiring up, also make sure that the RIMS tube is earthed as well as the element. Sorry for how rough it is.

View attachment 52233

Thanks so much matho. Absolute legend mate. :icon_cheers:

Just hit the +Quote Button

+Quote Button on each post you want to reply to and then 'Add reply'
I'm still amazed that people attempt such complicated wiring jobs when they know so little about it.

I am trying to work out how to quote multiple times in the one reply, not just the once.
Post #24 states my sparky making a polarity mistake. I wouldn't contemplate doing anything like this as I know jack shit.
Way too complicated for me.
Figured out the multiple quotes, :icon_cheers:

Back