4.5kg Sausages And New Fathers Day Gift

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
Opened up my new sausage stuffer today thanks to my kids. It's a 5 kilo unit and it's sooooo easy to use. Pumped out 4.5 kilos of snags in about 10 minutes after grinding, my son Thomas gave me a hand ( being Fathers day) but could easily have done this by myself, such an easy extrusion, no effort at all.
Here's some pics of the morning, this was happening while I was brewing a Bosuns as well.

snags_001__640x480_.JPGsnags_014__640x480_.JPG
snags_020__640x480_.JPGsnags_022__640x480_.JPG

The pink sausages are Italian casalinga and the brownish ones are Kransky with tasty cheese chunks.

Andrew

Drooling!

Is that a LEM stuffer? do you know what size it is....when ive got the money its high on my list of things to get

Wow, Andrew that looks the goods. Love to see the details of the unit.

Cheers.

Now thats a bloody nice picture Andrew, Im so jealous, happy farthers day.

Very nice. Whats the recipe for these? if its not a secret.

Here's the Ebay link stuffer , I know it's from China (so kill me) but the quality is excellent, all s/steel including the funnels, I got mine for $259.00 plus postage. And there is nothing that compares ATM here in Aus.

MrPolly, I'll post the recipes up tomorrow ( had a couple too many tonight) we just finished having dinner and everyone loved them.
I'm so full ATM of snags and German beer I might explode!

Mate, that's sweet as, almost makes me want to have kids!

Ive been looking at stuffers on ebay for a while, but Ive always been worried about quality. I'll add the seller to my favourites list in case I ever get rich (AG gear first - we have to have priorities!)

MrPolly, I'll post the recipes up tomorrow ( had a couple too many tonight) we just finished having dinner and everyone loved them.
I'm so full ATM of snags and German beer I might explode!

Thanks Andrew I love Kransky, can eat them till I feel sick :)

Italian Casalinga

1.5kg pork shoulder with fat
500g Rump with fat
10 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons red pepper or Chilli flakes
2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
1/2 teaspoons thyme
3 bay leaves
1.5 tablespoons salt
.5 tablespoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
250ml iced water
Grind meat through a coarse plate, mix in spices and grind through medium plate, emulsify really well. Stuff as normal.

The Kransky sausage I cheated and used a premix :ph34r: from Bake and Brew and I added 250g tasty cheese to 2 kilo of meat. This is a really nice premix that tastes very authentic.

And here's a better shot of them together, the red ones are the Italian casalinga
snags_019__640x480_.JPG

Cheers
Andrew

Back