• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

3v Brewing System Canberra

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean_72

Reaction score
3v system with everything you need to get brewing all grain or upgrade from your current system.
I have been getting 75-80% brewhouse efficiency.

Basic beer takes 4 hours including clean up.

I love the system but have been wanting to increase batch capacity to 50 litres, I have done this with the 50 litre Braumeister. I have only been brewing 21 odd litre batches on this system, just enough to fill a keg, I estimate you could do up to 30 litre batches.

Electric HLT - two heater elements, temperature controller, set strike temp night before brew day so you are good to go.

Mash Tun - insulated, floating lid so no headspace, main lid with temperature prob to monitor temp, purpose built strainer for recirculating the wort so as not to disturb the grain bed.

Kettle - gas fired stainless steel.

Also included - 20 plate chiller, spoon, mash paddle, hop basket.

All you need is a gas bottle and the ingredients to get brewing.

Asking price is $1,300.00, absolute bargain.

Brewery System.jpg

Pump1.jpg

Mashtun1.jpg

HLT1.jpg

Mashtun2.jpg

20plate chiller1.jpg

The future Mrs H0U5ECAT would remove parts of my anatomy picking this up 6 weeks before the wedding.
Although.......

hmmm.

H0U5ECAT said:
The future Mrs H0U5ECAT would remove parts of my anatomy picking this up 6 weeks before the wedding.
Although.......

hmmm.
Better to seek forgiveness than ask permission....

I asked my wife if I could buy a kegerator with part of our wedding money. My mates were happy to chip in as they were also of the opinion that wedding presents were not all that male orientated.

She was quite happy with the idea.

angus_grant said:
I asked my wife if I could buy a kegerator with part of our wedding money. My mates were happy to chip in as they were also of the opinion that wedding presents were not all that male orientated.

She was quite happy with the idea.
She sounds like a keeper ;)

JDW81 said:
She sounds like a keeper ;)
:wub: :wub:

It's all about give and take and balance. Simply put: If's all about take, then re-assess the relationship.

But anyways, back on topic for Sean to sell his rig. Apologies Sean.

That insulated mash tun looks the business Sean. Was that custom made?

angus_grant said:
:wub: :wub:

It's all about give and take and balance. Simply put: If's all about take, then re-assess the relationship.

But anyways, back on topic for Sean to sell his rig. Apologies Sean.

That insulated mash tun looks the business Sean. Was that custom made?
Can't claim to be the builder, purchased from a fellow brewer who built himself a bigger system, browndog on this forum was the builder.

The Mash tun has a stainless steel inner pipe (as seen) and the gap filled with some sort of gap filler that hardens when set, it works a treat holding the temperature, might lose a couple degrees on a cold winter morning, especially in Canberra but nothing significant.

The copper manifold at the bottom works a treat, zero stuck sparge. With the gap filler stuff he insulated the mash tun with he also made an inner lid that sits on top of the mash to create zero headspace, this has a hole in the middle to allow a temperature probe through which comes in through the main lid, the main lid also has insulation.

Turns out a bloke I work with bought this system a few weeks ago. I might have to corrupt him with some of my misguided knowledge.

Latest posts

Back