3rd Week Fermenting & Still Bubbling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGenius

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Coopers draught
1kg Brew enhancer 2
500g dry malt
23lt fermenter

Its now into the 3rd week of fermentation and theres still bubbling activity, is this too long? Ive never made a brew that has bubbled for much more than 7-8 days so this is new territory.
OG was 1.042 currently 1.014
I had a bit of a search but couldnt find any info or maybe i wasnt using the search to its best ability.
Any info much appreciated whilst i do some more searching :party:

I'm sure that by now you would have reached FG, the bubbles in the airlock are only CO2 rising out of the finished beer.

What are your SG readings and have they been stable for a number of days?

tdh

Temp has been at 20 degrees most of the time bumping up to 22 of a day and down to 18 of a night.
Dropping a point at a time SG has been from 1018 when i first checked it down to 1014 at present. For a beer that has an extra 500g of dry malt im not sure why the SG hasnt gone further down to below 1010 or less?

That sounds about the best you'll get. If you haven't got another fermenter, it's time to bottle.

I've got to admit first of all im just trying to test test out my "avatar" or what ever its called..... But anyways Mr Genius, stick to the tried and proven way, rack to seconday at FG as you normally would and if you think its taking too long give it a good stir with a sterile stirer/spoon whatever. Try not too leave it in primary for more than 10-12 days to avoid off flavours, but again this theory will probably be cotradicted by others, eventually you will find your own best way of doing things so have fun getting there..... :beerbang:

Thanks fellas, i might just chuck it into the keg then and see how it turns out. Cant taste any worse than the spicy ghost i did a few weeks back :lol:

Well i kegged it and drank it, tasted pretty good. Alcohol % was lowish but nothing drinking an excessive amount didnt fix :)
Now into the next ones a Boston cream and a yorkshire toffee :p

Back