3rd Ag Brew - Looking For Nice Summer Beer Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobban

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I've made two batches so far with my AG BIAB rig(cascade pale ale and dr smurtos) and have just been sampling the cascade brew this week and am quite happy of the improvement in the flavour department from previous extract brews.

It's getting hot up in Brisbane now so I was hoping someone might suggest something that would be nice in our tropical climate. Cheers! :p

Do you have temperature control, or are restricted to brewing ales?

For summer I am putting down jyos saaz blonde from the recipe db, and an American wheat, 50/50 ale / wheat, your favourite american hop , additions at 60 and 10 to achieve 20 - 30 ibu, and a neutral ale yeast. Simple, refreshing, tasty. The wife and mother in law also enjoy them as a bonus.

5-Reasons-Why-PS-All-Stars-Is-Not-A-Smash-Bros-Clone-1090557.jpg

Do you have temperature control, or are restricted to brewing ales?

No I don't unfortunately and it's getting pretty hot. It's something I have been thinking about whether I will need it. I sit my ferment in a water bath and wrap in a towel but I guess it is still mid 20s temperature.

It's saison season!
I'm so new I don't even know saison. Using wheat sound interesting. I will read up on these. :)

Thanks for these great tips.

No I don't unfortunately and it's getting pretty hot. It's something I have been thinking about whether I will need it. I sit my ferment in a water bath and wrap in a towel but I guess it is still mid 20s temperature.

I'm so new I don't even know saison. Using wheat sound interesting. I will read up on these. :)

Thanks for these great tips.

Read this cover to cover. It'll give you plenty of inspiration - and you'll know almost every beer type on the planet. Saison is on page 33. The Belgian Saison yeast produces supurb beer in the low 30s celcius (the beer gets better the hotter it gets).

http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2008_stylebook.pdf

Dilemma - keep 2nd keg empty for planned bullshead saison or fill with almost finished AIPA?

Latest posts

Back