375ml Glass Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys
if your breaking bottles
are you sure you have the right height setting on the capper.
if the capper is trying to lean over when capping you need to adjust the height
or your hitting the hand capper with a sledge hammer.

Most bottles been supplied these days to HBS
are of good quality

just remember glass doesn't bounce

As for the dishwasher idea
not bad as long as
a.you have one
b.your missus will let you use it

failing that bottle tree and rinser work well and uses less than a couple of litres of water
cheers "happy washing"

I use coopers tallies and stubbies, the tallies cap fine as they are crown tops, I found the twist top stubbies are hard to cap with the caps I usually get from the LHBS so I solved this by using 'Homebrand' caps you get from Woolworths, they are slightly larger and fit on the twist tops perfectly and seal just fine without having to jump on capper handle to fit them. So LHBS caps for crown tops and Homebrand caps for twist tops!

just buy your bottles new from the home brew shop - I wasted thousands of dollars (and hundreds of hours) buying coopers sparkling long necks for the sake of getting a bottle afterwards.

Squires are great bottles. But they are only 345ml. I love the beer though. I have been iinvesting in grolsch bottles which are 450 but it is not the cheapest way to go. Coppers long necks. 750ml. I have obtained a few dozen of them from the lhbs and they are great. Take your time and build up :)

dibby33 said:
Squires are great bottles. But they are only 345ml. I love the beer though. I have been iinvesting in grolsch bottles which are 450 but it is not the cheapest way to go. Coppers long necks. 750ml. I have obtained a few dozen of them from the lhbs and they are great. Take your time and build up :)
+1 for Squires, love that bottle, love the beer inside it

grantiesbrew
Member Since 04 Apr 2012
Offline Last Active Apr 06 2012 10:39 AM

Funny. The OP was on here for 2 days. ...wonder what happened. Been 26 months...

Simon2808 said:
just buy your bottles new from the home brew shop - I wasted thousands of dollars (and hundreds of hours) buying coopers sparkling long necks for the sake of getting a bottle afterwards.
This. I went halves in a plasdene order with a member here and we spent like 40 bucks each which buys you 80 330ml bottles, at fifty cents each for new, good quality, reusable bottles I'd do it again

Tip: you can reseal screwtop bottles with the original screwcaps. Works fine for at least a couple of re-uses.

Why would anyone want to use twistys anyway?
All good beer comes in crown tops these days ;-)

Latest posts

Back