3333 - German Wheat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneabovill

Reaction score
What are people's experiences with this yeast?

I'm worried my fermenter (pail with lid and airlock) is going to blow its lid over night.

The krausen has filled the whole headspace and spewing out the airlock - it even evicted the
kitten.

Recipe:

53% Wheat
42% Pils
5% Dex

.50 GPL of Perle @ 60min
.53 GPL of Tettnang @ 60min
.38 GPL OF Tettnag @ Cube

3L starter, drained yucky beer, pitched about 250g of solid yeast.

Fermenting at 23C to push delicious bananas.

Not so worried about the airlock overflow, but the lid of the pail is under pressure - I sat a brick on it to keep it under control.

Thoughts? Experiences? Questions?

Edit: stupid formatting.

No experience with this yeast but it sounds like 3787, you would be better off setting up a blow off tube from the airlock grommet to a container filled with sanitiser. That should releive the pressure within the vessel.

Typical!!! Flocs out from memory so less cloudy than some other strains, usually higher on the Clove phenols also.

Screwy

Blow off attached ... Now I'm just hoping that the obviously huge amount of healthy yeast staves off the massive risk of infection I just took by removing the lid and adding it.

I know this is an old thread now but I pitched 3333 in a dunkel this week. I had 23L wort in 30L fermenter and it blew out the glad wrap 5 times! My fridge has never been such a f'ing mess before. I should have used a proper fermenter with blow off tube instead of bunnings special. Never seen a yeast this active before. First clean up was 8 hours after pitching, last night, 4 days after pitching it was still going nuts ah md another clean up. Better go check that son of a bitch now.

Edit: Make that 6 times...

What temp were you fermenting at? I recently did a hefe with 3333 at 16deg and it got pretty close to the top of my 30L fermenter, but didn't blow out the airlock.

18 spot on. YOu can check it in my signature, and see when I have taken the sensor off the bloody thing to clean it...

I've used the 3333 before too and it went ballistic, I use a blow off tube but I've had to clean the liquid out!

Latest posts

Back