31 Ways To Open A Beer Without A Bottle Opener

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lighter will get it every time. It's all in the leverage!

teeth... only if nothing else is around to pry with.

On my bucket list I want to pop a beer using an edge on a breathalizer machine

My young fella saved me the other day. He opened mine with the built in opener in the bottom of his (i hesitate to say it) thong...the footwear type...

Not real hygenic, but ******* handy. B)

teeth... only if nothing else is around to pry with.

On my bucket list I want to pop a beer using an edge on a breathalizer machine

Another classic Bucket list comment ...

I would also suggest asking for lighter to light your special cigarette ... lol they like to watch !!!

I can still feel the chip with my tongue.

Yeah I can feel the chip with my tongue now too. I was also lucky I didn't do a lot of damage to the tooth but still a PITA. I put it down that I am getting older and more fragile now :unsure:

I just recieved This Key as I always have my keys on me and it is just another key on the ring. Now I have something to use everywhere I go without the need to hunt a rock or similar.

When I was in Fiji a few months back one of the blokes doing our fishing tour was opening them with my lighter. I gave it go and nearly broke my feckin thumb :rolleyes: . I've since managed to get the correct possitioning and quick force

When I was working at a bar and wanted to impress.... I use to open a few then just sit the lids so they were just ontop (but wouldn't fall off) then open them with my eye sockets and make a fizz sound from my mouth. I used to get some amazing looks back then.

I did exactly the same for years with no problems. It was actually a great party trick because every time I did it someone was guaranteed to say "DON'T! You'll crack your teeth"

Bottle after bottle opened in this way. Ladies all thought I was amazing (being handsome helps - I look just like my avatar) Blokes were jealous because of my toughness.

One day celebrating working on a successful (moderately) underground theatre play (that's what tough people do) I did the same thing I'd done for years. The gasps, the anguish from those present as I confidently opened up the bottle using my pearlies.

Had to look away while I found the little bits of tooth enamel and removed them from my mouth. The embarassment was only mitigated by the fact that no-one but me knew.

Now I use a teaspoon or somesuch. I can still feel the chip with my tongue.

OT I did something similar stripping wire with my teeth. My dentist never lets me forget :angry:

I have a mate who uses another unopened bottle - he hooks the caps one underneath each other (one beer upright and the other upside down)

Fucked if I can do it, last time I ended up wearing one

i have a cousin that uses his iphone 4. when he gets a 5 it will do the same.

i have a cousin that uses his iphone 4. when he gets a 5 it will do the same.
it works really well, until you do it when you're off your face and catch the edge of the screen and crack the feckign thing.

Back