31 Ways To Open A Beer Without A Bottle Opener

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

jonocarroll

uıɐbɐ ʞunɹp ɯ,ı
Reaction score
Can't stay, I'll just leave this here...

Last edited by a moderator:

RobW

The Little Abbotsford Craftbrewery
Reaction score
They seem to have missed the one using the door of an EH Holden.

Amber Fluid

Beer Snob
Reaction score
Up until Xmas last year I used to always open bottles with my teeth. It was just convenient and have done this for 20+ years. However, I managed to actually chip my tooth last time so now don't bother. I now find an old bench/table/chair or anything solid and crack 'em that way.

There are litterally thousands of things that can open a bottle. Just need to get creative once you get the concept ;)

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
seen a guy do it with his teeth and needed to get stitches in his mouth. Mind you he was pretty pissed. Guy that worked for dad ate some of a beer bottle as a bet he was also pissed lol and said you will be amazed where the blood stream carries small bits of glass.

Hippy

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
when driving you can't go past the seat belt. Simply undo your seatbelt and open beer. now you are breaking 2 laws at once! :ph34r:

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
Two words - Tiger bars ;)

mika

Lupulin Threshold Shift Victim
Reaction score
No youtube access here at work, but you can open a beer with a piece of paper.

danbeer

Reaction score
Tried opening a beer with the BBQ scraper, as they do with a sabre and champagne bottle...

Kind-of worked.. <_<

Lecterfan

Yeast, unleashed in the East...
Reaction score
Righto - chainsaw it is. I'll probably stick with the 028, the 064 would get tiring at a party...

I know my girlfriend is going to wish I hadn't watched that clip, and quite possibly I'm going to regret that I have also...

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
Up until Xmas last year I used to always open bottles with my teeth. It was just convenient and have done this for 20+ years. However, I managed to actually chip my tooth last time so now don't bother.
I did exactly the same for years with no problems. It was actually a great party trick because every time I did it someone was guaranteed to say "DON'T! You'll crack your teeth"

Bottle after bottle opened in this way. Ladies all thought I was amazing (being handsome helps - I look just like my avatar) Blokes were jealous because of my toughness.

One day celebrating working on a successful (moderately) underground theatre play (that's what tough people do) I did the same thing I'd done for years. The gasps, the anguish from those present as I confidently opened up the bottle using my pearlies.

Had to look away while I found the little bits of tooth enamel and removed them from my mouth. The embarassment was only mitigated by the fact that no-one but me knew.

Now I use a teaspoon or somesuch. I can still feel the chip with my tongue.

ekul

Reaction score
I usually open beers with my phone. My current phone has lasted so long because i now keg.

My group of mates were always amazed at what i used to use to open a beer, because i'll usually grab whaters closest. I've opened beers with a carrot, a cd case, vitamin bottles and the creme a la creme was using another full beer (my flatmate had cleaned the house so the closest thing was a beer.) :)

Nick JD

Blah Blah Blah
Reaction score
I thought the napkin was the best.

Latest posts