30ml Centrifuge Tubes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDW81

I make wort, the yeast make it beer.
Reaction score
I'm after 8 or 10 centrifuge tubes (30mL) so I can split some yeast smack packs. I've found a few places which sell them, but only in boxes of 50 or 100. Does anyone know if and where you can buy them in smaller quantities?

Cheers,

JD

I'm after 8 or 10 centrifuge tubes (30mL) so I can split some yeast smack packs. I've found a few places which sell them, but only in boxes of 50 or 100. Does anyone know if and where you can buy them in smaller quantities?

Cheers,

JD

i didn't want to buy online so i went to the chemist (amcal max in tooronga village) and told them what i wanted and got these.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

they're 30ml and autoclavable according to the chemist. about $0.20 a container i think....

i didn't want to buy online so i went to the chemist (amcal max in tooronga village) and told them what i wanted and got these.

20c each? Nice. Were they on the shelves or did they have to get them from "out the back"?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

they're 30ml and autoclavable according to the chemist. about $0.20 a container i think..

they're 30ml and autoclavable according to the chemist. about $0.20 a container i think..
I s'pose if they can survive the autoclave, they'll be ok if boiled for 5 minutes?

I s'pose if they can survive the autoclave, they'll be ok if boiled for 5 minutes?

I haven't tried it but yes I assume so, but id put something like a cake rack in the water to stop the jars touching the bottom of the pot myself.
I just soak them in starsan, I'm not sure boiling for 5 minutes kills any better as the point of autoclaving is to boil under pressure to kill bacteria spores.
and I don't think that happens just boiling it.

Tonys article on splitting a smack pack may have a better method.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=45866

I haven't tried it but yes I assume so, but id put something like a cake rack in the water to stop the jars touching the bottom of the pot myself.
I just soak them in starsan, I'm not sure boiling for 5 minutes kills any better as the point of autoclaving is to boil under pressure to kill bacteria spores.
and I don't think that happens just boiling it.

Tonys article on splitting a smack pack may have a better method.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=45866

I've read that a few times, and boiling the tubes is what Tony suggests. I always boil water in my flasks for a few minutes to sanitise (I think this is also what Jamil and John Palmer suggest in their yeast programs) and it is worked for me thus far. I'm always keen to know how other people do it though, the more methods I'm aware of the more I can choose and work out which one is best for my equipment. :)

Cheers,

JD

Cheers,

JD

If you decide to get a box of 50 I'd be keen for some.

If you decide to get a box of 50 I'd be keen for some.

I'll see how I go. I've had a couple of PMs with offers, but I might also give the ones which Charst posted pics of a shot. At 20c a pop you can't afford not to. ;)

Hey guys,

I have access to a variety of centrifuge tubes of different sizes. I haven't listed them on my store yet because I'm waiting on my supplier to release a new price list. I will try to get the price list on monday and will post back in this thread. I would be happy to buy a large box and offer them in smaller quantities, so watch this space.

S.

Hey guys,

I have access to a variety of centrifuge tubes of different sizes. I haven't listed them on my store yet because I'm waiting on my supplier to release a new price list. I will try to get the price list on monday and will post back in this thread. I would be happy to buy a large box and offer them in smaller quantities, so watch this space.

S.

Sounds good

Hi guys and gals,

First up I apologise if this is the wrong thread (and should be in the retail section) - though I am making this post here because I specifically sought out these products to help the people in this thread. I am happy if mods want, to simply make a link to a retail thread if this is better. But as it stands this is just a price quote/preliminary circumstance.

A little late but I had some issues getting my supplier account active. I will be ordering some stock soon and updating the website product listing but here's an idea of prices (may be subject to change, final prices will be on the website):

10mL Urine/specimen vials: $23 for pack of 25 [flat bottom, good for stacking or limited space]

15mL centrifuge tubes: $7 for pack of 25

50mL centrifuge tubes: $8 for pack of 25

All are polypropylene, and come sterile.

The prices do not reflect shipping or handling costs, just the bare items. Shipping costs will be calculated as the average for S&H to all states and added to the product price as a fixed amount. For bulk orders or multiple product shipping, a discount/partial refund on shipping may be arranged at business's discretion.

I hope this helps the community out a bit!

P.S: I now have access to a much larger range of scientific products, so if anyone is looking for anything, big or small, send me an email or a PM and i'll see what i can do.

Cheers,

S.

sera. autoclavable?

Polypropylene is good to 121c, so is suited to autoclaving, however, if you're using a pressure cooker you will want to confirm the temperature you will generate - should be in the instruction manual and does vary cooker to cooker based on the PSI/s it is capable of holding.

DazDog - they should be autoclavable, yes. However routinely they are not done because they are so cheap, and come gamma sterilized already.

Update: The urine/specimen vials I listed before are incorrect due to product number issue:

The urine/specimen jars available are now as follows:

Polypropylene 70mL specimen jar, gamma sterilized, with lid, no label:

Pack of 25 - $10 ex gst/shipping as with all the other items.

Unless you have already initiated a transaction with me, these items will be available from our store (listed in the signature) from tomorrow onwards with the full prices including shipping/gst.

Back