• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

30ltr kegs with "A" type spear for sale. Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tahoose

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been asked to sell a load of 30 ltr kegs fitted with the "A" type spear.

For those unfamiliar the "A" type is the Toohey's/Coopers/kegstar spear.

The cost will be $75 per keg - this is a set price.

It might take a week or 2 to organise but I will be happy to de-gas and remove the spear to make it easy for everyone to get started. (No I'm not going to clean the inside of the thing for you aswell)

Please pm if you would like one or two or however many you would like. If I don't reply within the day don't stress, I will allocate as first in best dressed.

Thanks all.

Any relevant questions I get I'll post here also for ease.
------------------

They are the same width as a 50litre keg and are 38 cm high. Compared to a 50 litre keg which is 60cm high

It uses a commercial style coupler but ball lock attachments can be bought for the coupler which makes it easy to use in the homebrew setting.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So am i too assume that once you have taken the spear out once I can then remove it again with out any special tool?

It's pretty easy to open/close them.

Screw in until tight and then one knock with a hammer and flathead screw driver.

Using the hole for leverage.

Some kegs (most commercial) with this type of spear have a lug on the inside which locks the dip tube into the spear. This one that I have tested does not. So without checking the dozens of kegs I think that the rest will be the same.

Back