30L Stainless Fermenter $177

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd shove a piece of beer line through the airlock port and put it in a bucket full of sanitiser (like a blow off tube), then a few days before ferment is finished (caution: expertise needed) connect a black disconnect so pressure builds up a little. When finished fermenting connect disconnect to beer out post on keg, open PRV on keg and let the build up pressure in the FV transfer your beer effortlessly to your keg.

WARNING: This can be potentially dangerous as the FV might not hold up to the pressure or you miss judge the correct fermentation stage. Always use caution when working with pressurised vessels.
I do not recommend for anyone to try this. (but would try myself if I had one)

EDIT: grammar

Keep an eye on the bb thread, trying to get some traction, still researching so if your in a hurry, may not be right for you.

Florian said:
A fermenter is a bucket with a lid. And a tap if you're lucky.
In the old days it was a 70ltr willo garbage bin with a towel over the top

Florian said:
A fermenter is a bucket with a lid. And a tap if you're lucky.
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/78871-ss-fv-eoi/#entry1150014

I got a quote on these for 20 pieces @35ea + 550 freight - works out around $65 ea. There would be other costs as well I'm sure, but I would guess it would work out under $100. But... asked for photos of the inside about a week ago and haven't heard back... so who knows what the weld is like.

I dunno about 30l for an FV, headspace would regularly be an issue for me, been looking into 35l for that extra bit of space

yep - I agree - 35L would be ideal (25L wort plus 10L headspace for krausen monsters). Price is good though. If we can get photos of the seam that look ok...

:icon_offtopic:

Fermcap-S (Anti Foam) is your friend for Krausen monsters.

Ducatiboy stu said:
In the old days it was a 70ltr willo garbage bin with a towel over the top
just like dad and poppa used to do.. i'm guessing the 'open' ferment contributed to the random taste results.... but then their bottles used to constantly explode too so i'm glad the craft has progressed.

Latest posts

Back