30L or 60L fermenter bulk buy - MELBOURNE

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philski

Reaction score
(permission given from Dane to start this BB)

This is a bulk buy for 30L and 60L fermenters for MELBOURNE only. Refer photo of fermenter attached. I cannot post these and if I do it won't be economical!! Pick up will be required. Location TBC. Not sure about delivery yet, I may be able to pick it up depending on how many we end up with.

The BB is for plastic fermenters just like what you get from the LBS. The price below includes the lid and o ring, the tap is an additional $1 as shown below. You can also get spare o rings and lids if need be. The more you buy the cheaper they are, the minimum order for each type is 6.

Prices

30L fermenter

Quantity = 6-23 --> $22 each + $1 for the tap = $23 + GST = $25.30
Quantity = 24+ --> $19 + $1 for the tap = $20 + GST = $22

60L fermenter

Quantity = 6-23 --> $35 each + $1 for the tap = $36 + GST = $39.60
Quantity = 24+ --> $31 + $1 for the tap = $32 + GST = $35.20

Anyone interested?

I plan on getting 1 or 2 of the 60L fermenters.

To start the ball rolling:

philski 60L x 2

On a phone, please add syl 2 x 60L 2 x 30 L

1. philski 60L x 2
2. syl 60L x 2 30L x 2
3. ampy 60L x 2

1. philski 60L x 2
2. syl 60L x 2 30L x 2
3. ampy 60L x 2
4. hexman 30L x1

1. philski 60L x 2
2. syl 60L x 2 30L x 2
3. ampy 60L x 2
4. hexman 30L x1
5. djar007 60l x 2 30l x 2
6. Darkfaeryale 60l X 2 30l X 1

any chance on some dimentions for the 60L please?

Think crown was $33 for a 60l or there abouts. The 30l price is nothing special
Edit: just checked, it's $10.50 for a 30l and $30 for a 60l +gst

treefiddy said:
Think crown was $33 for a 60l or there abouts. The 30l price is nothing special
Edit: just checked, it's $10.50 for a 30l and $30 for a 60l +gst
Where are these guys? not much turning up on google...

DarkFaerytale said:
1. philski 60L x 2
2. syl 60L x 2 30L x 2
3. ampy 60L x 2
4. hexman 30L x1

any chance on some dimentions for the 60L please?
Dia 400 Ht 625 Neck 255mm

mxd said:
http://www.crownconcepts.com.au/

I bought 6 x 20lt cudes and 2 x 30 ltr fermenter s for about 70 the other day.
Right, I didn't think that was it because the website wasn't what I expected, with pictures of teddy bears and mothers day gifts! 'Hey Mum... I bought you a fermenter for mothers day.' :D

As these guys are cheaper and it sounds like you can just walk in and buy them I would say let's cancel the BB and pick them up there!

Easy.

philski said:
Right, I didn't think that was it because the website wasn't what I expected, with pictures of teddy bears and mothers day gifts! 'Hey Mum... I bought you a fermenter for mothers day.' :D

As these guys are cheaper and it sounds like you can just walk in and buy them I would say let's cancel the BB and pick them up there!

Easy.
Only if you like your first 3 beers smelling of plastic.

I bought a 30lt from Crown Concepts, used it once, and threw it away.

Cheap Chinese imported plastic products are cheap, Chinese and plastic.

WarmBeer said:

hmmm on another thread I saw someone saying they are the same as the ones at grain and grape? maybe not by the sound of it!

Well my original source is a local company, with branches around Australia (I assume they are made here but need to confirm), and they are only slighty more expensive (assuming we buy in bulk and get wholesale prices as above). So maybe we stick to the original plan and order from there?

WarmBeer said:

I gave mine a few days full of water and sodium perc to get rid of the aroma, it was rather strong :icon_vomit:

On the positive side at least if the next batch tastes like plastic I can blame the fermenter not my brewing skill :D

Just heard back from the supplier - The fermenters are food grade HDPE and are made locally. They sound like a good option, so the BB is back on. I will pass on the Crown ones given the comments above!!

So we are sourcing the locally made fermenters. So far we have:

1. philski 60L x 2
2. syl 60L x 2 30L x 2
3. ampy 60L x 2
4. hexman 30L x1

WarmBeer said:

Cheap Chinese imported plastic products are cheap, Chinese and plastic.Warmbeer:
With all the hops you managed to shove into your beer, I am surprised you could taste anything else!

philski said:
hmmm on another thread I saw someone saying they are the same as the ones at grain and grape? maybe not by the sound of it!

Well my original source is a local company, with branches around Australia (I assume they are made here but need to confirm), and they are only slighty more expensive (assuming we buy in bulk and get wholesale prices as above). So maybe we stick to the original plan and order from there?
I have had many from Crown Concepts and didn't notice any plastics issues. Food grade too. I checked the G&G ones and they are the same. It is possible I am wrong but I gave it a thorough going over, checking mould lines, stamps etc. Willing to sell th wife if I am wrong.

Back