3 tier gravity build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see he has finally painted it

image.jpg

Great Build, Cant wait to see more photos

Any chance of a link for the NASA Burner, i couldnt find it at the anaconda site, but its been a long day......

CONNOR BREWARE said:
He makes a valid point, this job was finished far too quickly and with not enough fuss. No one even got the chance to say how they woudn't do it like that or have you considered biab instead. Very untraditional thread indeed.
:D - I pissed myself at the BIAB comment.

Looks awesome vanoontour, good job. Can be tough to work out decent working heights but you look a hell of a lot smarter than me...

helles said:
He is brewing side ways though
I have the same problem with my mashes. :unsure: I can't even hold the strike water in, let alone have enough time to put the grains in. :ph34r:

gallery_28230_1000_414207.jpg

loving the pink!!! my kids would be way too attracted to something that loud

ian_2005 said:
Great Build, Cant wait to see more photos

Any chance of a link for the NASA Burner, i couldnt find it at the anaconda site, but its been a long day......
I couldn't find any links either, just had to go in have a look.

QldKev, thats an alright colour, at least no-one would steal it!!

So the time has come to add further mods to the brewery, namely a pump and HERMs coil. I'm going to build another HLT in a keg with a 3kW element (I have a dedicated 15A socket straight from the power board) and put the HERMs coil (about 6m 1/2" copper) inside it. Pump will be one of those Kaixen jobbies. I'm pretty happy with all that but I am left wondering about the control of it all.

Mathos controller or the PID type Truman/QldKev style? I like the simplistic nature of Mathos but like the control and 'look' of Truman/QldKev's build. In the future the boil kettle will be electric aswell if that matters.

So, thoughts on this plan?? And yes a dedicated HERMs pot might have a quicker ramp speed but I got time, and the 3kW element will bring 20L of water from 20° to 100° in about 40mins (well according to a few calcs on the interwebs) which is fine for me.

Cheers.

The ramp soak PID is easy to install but a little complicated to program(for mash) though once you had it sorted out you'd be good, matho's contoler is simpler to program (for mash) but obviously has to be built from scratch. You could mount either in control panels similar to Qldkev and Trueman with other controls.

Yob said:
damn thats neat... what did you bend that round/with?
Dulux paint tin and a tube bender for the final two bends. I'm pretty happy with it.

vanoontour said:
Righto, I'm keeping the controller and the brewery mods separate, the controller build is here (http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/76684-another-brew-controller/).

More progress, made the HERMs coil today, fits nicely into the 7.6L Big W pot. I squeezed about 7m into it.
attachicon.gif
HERMs coil - small.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_4006 - small.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_4007 - small.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_4008 - small.jpg
You are a fukin magician. Last time I tried that for a condenser tude for my tea tree oil still I got the shits and launched the thing over the neighbours fence. Although my coil diameter was only tiny, but that looks perfect mate. Good job :super:

Finished up the HERMS pot this morning. All wired up, leak checked and electrically checked.
IMG_4035.jpgIMG_4034.jpgIMG_4029.jpg

Have you grounded that to the plastic case? or does it go through to the pot?

gava said:
Have you grounded that to the plastic case? or does it go through to the pot?
Through the pot mate. you can see the screw head inside the pot.

southcoastbrewer said:
resurecting an old thread here....

How do you find water loss is with this set up??? It looks to me like you risk caramlisation of your wort in the copper tubing if you have a dry boil?
Only brewed on it once and with the lid the water loss was negligable. I didn't notice any to be honest.

Back