3 tier gravity build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanoontour

Reaction score
Thought this was a better place for build pics than the gear and equipment forum.

Currently building a vertical 3 vessel gravity brewing rig. I got the idea from these rigs.
image.jpgimage.jpg
The main frame is 50mm square tube and the shelves will be 25mm square tube. The base has the legs splayed for added stability.
image.jpg
Just tacked the vertical frame on tonight. Hopefully start shelves tomorrow.
image.jpg

Looks great, but as a build thread it lacks a certain something.

You can't just post, I've just made the base, it's splayed, the chicks will love that, to nearly finished in one post. Can't even see any build crap and rusting tools in your shed. Where's the drama, the tension, the car chases, the love interest, the explosions?

Go back and do it again :)

Grantw said:
Looks great, but as a build thread it lacks a certain something.

You can't just post, I've just made the base, it's splayed, the chicks will love that, to nearly finished in one post. Can't even see any build crap and rusting tools in your shed. Where's the drama, the tension, the car chases, the love interest, the explosions?

Go back and do it again :)
He makes a valid point, this job was finished far too quickly and with not enough fuss. No one even got the chance to say how they woudn't do it like that or have you considered biab instead. Very untraditional thread indeed.

You're not even recirculating with a thousand pumps then pulling a bag out at the end to make it all turbid.

FOR SHAME!

Happy brewing, vanoontour. Looks the duck's.

I love ya pink bike Norto, Sunday cruises only? :p

You can drop that boat on my door anytime too :beer:

Norto said:
What sort of burner is that on your keggle
It's a NASA from anaconda with the legs cut off and welded onto the stand. More pics to follow

Cheers for the feedback guys; sorry for not being traditional but cutting metal tube isn't that interesting, or is it? Will ask advice when I fit the HERMS pot.

Burner was more a fluke than good planning, it fit inside the frame with minor tweaking. Am wondering if the burner is a bit low but will see how it goes during the first brew.
image.jpg

Grrrrr damn iDevice photos!!!

Poor build photos. Where is the scribbly bit on the side of the keg hiding the owners name. I love those photos with scribbly bits.
LagerBomb

edit: sorry, great looking build though.

QldKev said:
all the wort will tip out, unless he's making a low gravity beer, then it will just hover
And I think you'll find, the best nearest place to do this would be the Moon

:icon_offtopic: Mmmm - Moon beer - would that be Apollo Ale - Lunar Lager - Armstrong Amber Ale - Sputnik Stout.
Sorry been a long day.

Yob said:
I love ya pink bike Norto, Sunday cruises only? :p

You can drop that boat on my door anytime too :beer:
Yeah mate that's right but only sunday's that have an R in em. ;)

Back