3 Ravens Brewery Closes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fawnroux

Reaction score
So, the word around the camp fire is that 3 Ravens brewery has closed down. Can't find any stories on it or a statement from them, but seeing as their brewery is on Greys Online, i'd say it's all done and dusted.

3 Ravens - Greys Online

The ad says it's because the building that housed them has been sold. I tried their beers a couple of times, quite nice from memory. With the craft beer scene as strong as it is at the moment, especially in Victoria, it's a shame to see another micro go.

Between 3 Ravens and Arctic Fox, that's two breweries for sale in Vic.

yeah, I think it shows how tough the industry is. I'll still have to wait for the tatts win before I start my brewery :)

Weren't they kicked out of their building by the owner wanting to redevelop?

Or maybe that is a different brewing company...

Saw someone mention this on twitter, such a same really enjoyed some of their beers and considering they were at the last Fed Square showcase not long ago I think it might have been unexpected.

Sad to see any brewery go down, I was introduced to smoke beer with their Dark, but if you get on the website the news post on the home page hasn't been updated since 2010. Don't know if anyone else agrees but a website is now my first point of contact to any company so if you've had radio silence for 2 years know one knows what your doing. or if your doing anything at all.

Damn shame that, 3 Ravens was one of the first micro beer I ever tried let alone my first smoked beer.

Bum deal... Liked 3 Ravens brews.

At least Temple re-opened...

What a shame, they had some really nice beers.

Dark, 55, White were some standouts.

Yep, they did have some good ones.

Make a bid on the brewery Dan - you should be able to squeeze it under your house. :icon_cheers:

Yep, they did have some good ones.

Make a bid on the brewery Dan - you should be able to squeeze it under your house. :icon_cheers:

I think the situation is pretty complicated. I was talking to one of their old brewers a month or two ago and he barely knew what was going on. In essence, 3 Ravens was owned by a number of people and only 1 or 2 really gave a shit about it by the sounds of it. I think they have all decided to go their separate ways which means dividing up all the assets. He gave me the impression that 3 Ravens would still be around but in a redeveloped kind of way. Like i said, he was pretty vague about it all but it might not be the end altogether.... perhaps?

If only this Raven could afford it..., knock off the '3' and the labelling is done for me! :lol: :p

In all seriousness though, 'tis a darn shame to see these micro's closing down.

Let's hope for the best! Think I'll buy some of their beers today to support them if they wish to carry on, or as a last rites enjoyment of them if they quit.

Back