3 Gal Keg Dimensions?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobrien

Stubborn Scientist Brewing
Reaction score
So I'm about to go look at a second hand bar fridge - and I realise I have no idea of the dimensions of the 3 gal kegs and 5 gal kegs I just ordered from Brewersdiscount!

Can someone please race out to their fridge/shed/bar with a tape measure and let me know the width and height of each?

That would be awesome :D Thanks guys!

Matt

Geez it's pretty hard to measure a round item in a fridge i discovered.. but these figures should be good enough to work off
5gal - 640h x 220w
3gal - 410h x 220w
Allow another 30mil on top for disconnects at a minimum. That would allow them to fit in the fridge, but no room to remove them.

Awesome! you're the man!

So that means 3gals are just short 5 gals. And that means a 5 gal and 3 gal in theory should fit side by side in a bar fridge, the 3gal under the freezer box!

awesome!

M

They are the sime diameter but you won't fit a 5gal in a bar fridge - unless it's a bloody big bar fridge!
I have a little bar fridge and can't quite fit 2 x 3gals due to width :(

Hmmm. I'm hoping you're wrong hoops!

The 140L bar fridges seem to be 820 tall, which should leave the required 670 internal (I hope!).

Does your two 3gals not fit due to width of the fridge; the compresser step or the inside rails etc of the door? The first two are not able to be changed (well duh!), but the door can have its inside fittings removed. I'm more than happy to do that!

M

Doesn't fit due to all 3!
If it was a bit wider, or the compressor took up a little less room then 2 would fit.
I have already taken the shelf part off the door.
If you replaced the door skin with some sheet metal I'm pretty confident that it would fit 2

Hoops

Back