2nd Queensland Home Brewing Conference - 13th July, 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
For those who did, or wished they had attended the Inaugural event - the next one has been announced.

Same place, slightly earlier in the year.

When: 13th July, 2013.
Where:Southbank Institute of Technology, Brisbane.

Enjoyed meeting all sorts of beer fanatics at the last one - including the guy that shouted a taste of Breakfast Beer Geek at Archive on the Friday before, the 2 melbournians who travelled up especially for the event (with the outdoor pizza oven), and the german at the beer dinner that was going full guns until he reached the dark beers. If you remember who you were, let me know as I have forgotten.

Damn, was hoping it was somewhere we could drink in the auditorium....

Oh we'll...

Damn, was hoping it was somewhere we could drink in the auditorium....

Oh we'll...
Say what!?! You can't drink in the auditorium!?! :eek:

Surely everyone knows that the auditorium is where you go for a sleep after drinking.

No where near enough beer at the last one, I left sober.

I agree, not enough beer. And if you were at the back of the queue you had to rush the drinks. Great speakers and very informative conference, but more beer and more than 2 people pouring drinks next year I hope.

I agree, not enough beer. And if you were at the back of the queue you had to rush the drinks. Great speakers and very informative conference, but more beer and more than 2 people pouring drinks next year I hope.

You are right about the queue, but don't think there is much that can be done about that, apart from putting on more staff (providing staff do not exceed the number of taps). I did find I was able to get through the queue 3 or 4 times at each break, and while I may have been a few minutes late returning to the auditorium, there was still beer available when I left.

At the dinner that night, there was more beer available to drink that most of our table could get through. We had excess jugs sitting on the table towards the end of the night.

Latest posts

Back