2nd Fermentation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normell

Winter's Flat's #1 Brewer, now that XXXX have move
Reaction score
Got a plastic 20Lt jerry can from Bunnings (it safely holds 22.5Lt), for secondary fermentation and CCing, BUT it doesn't fully seal, if you tip up, water leaks out of scew caps, will it be safe for use, or should I try to fully seal it.
It will be in a fridge all the time, so can an infection still happen.
Normell

If you swab the neck around the seal with alcohol and cover it with foil you should be fine.

Yep Normell, try to minimise oxidation during Cold Chilling/ lagering. I lost a good brew like this when I was first brewing (age 14) now 32.
Trust the swiss to have a liberal approach to alcohol. I can remember falling off my treadly and busting up my knee (six stiches) when I was 9.

Take the ******* back Norm and go to super cheap auto parts, paid $12.99 for mine and $1.50 for the tap, if it dont seal its faulty, mine says its 20lt but holds 23.
Mine seals like a fishes arsehole, and thats watertight. :lol:

Tallgum said:
Take the ******* back Norm and go to super cheap auto parts, paid $12.99 for mine and $1.50 for the tap, if it dont seal its faulty, mine says its 20lt but holds 23.
Mine seals like a fishes arsehole, and thats watertight. :lol:
[post="47126"][/post]​

If I use multi-grips can get a tight seal (What the poofter Eskimo was looking for)
Made by BMW Marketing
http://www.bmwplastics.com.au/garden.html

Normell

Back