2nd Birthday Bash

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linz

Reaction score
Gang,

After a little discussion with a few of you a couple of ideas were bandied about.....

1/ A few evening drinks at The George the fourth at Picton now the product has improved....

OR

2/ Dinner at The Bohemian Cafe at Narellan

Aiming for Sat 7th of July

What say ye MALEs ????

Im for the Bohemian
cant wait to get into another pork knuckle and wash it down with a few 1/2 litre german beers

Been to the George. Haven't been to the Bohemian.

Always up for something new.

Im for the Bohemian :beer:

Anywhere closer to home? ;)

OK, so far we've got

Linz
Little Squares
Franko
Kabooby12
Hogan

Im sure Hogan posted on the Yahum site that he'd be in....

So, just copy, add your name and paste away.....

OH, and bring the other half...I am(or is She bringing me???)

Who else in the group wants in??

Typically Linz, I won't be able to make it, as I'll be away from the 5th till the 9th of that month.
Sorry, and I would love to have come along.

Kabooby, there's a German/Austrian club at Cabramatta that's suppoosed to serve a great pork knuckle.
Maybe you and I and some of the others can make a date for a post birthday bash sometime after the 9th July?

Found out the other day that my wifes work has their end of year ball on the 7th. Looks like I wont be able to make it on that day.

Might have to have a 2nd 2nd Birthday bash.

Slurpdog. That place could always be a location for one of the future bi-monthly meetings.

good to see I wasn't the one to falter first...

..The demons strike again....

so the list looks like

Linz
Little Squares
Franko
Hogan

Wheres Pumpy??? and some of the other Ingleburnians........

Jase? Its an arvo gig???

Sorry But I've got night shift.
Cheer for all the stuff so far.
need to get a day job
matti

so the list looks like

Linz
Little Squares
Franko
Hogan

Jase? Its an arvo gig???

Linz
Little Squares
Franko
Hogan + other half.

Cheers, Hoges.

Man, is there ever gonna be a date that I am not busy, so I can come and meet all you guys, especially as I could walk to the place and zig zag home :D

Although 2 weeks hols up in townsville won't be too bad either, so I am not too disappointed this time. ;)

Man, is there ever gonna be a date that I am not busy, so I can come and meet all you guys, especially as I could walk to the place and zig zag home :D

Soon enough......if we all put our names to events, when we can, it will all start to happen

Its looking like we'll be having events every other month from now on, even if its a few beers at Picton(or the new brewery at the Rydges Campbelltown!!, no joke its there!!) and making them arvo/evening do's for those that have work or sport in the mornings...

We were looking for a good pizza place to go to so we could bring a bottle along to wash it down with

Back to the thread...looking at making a booking in 2 weeks..so get names(and your better halves) on the list or miss out guys and gals

so the list looks like

Linz
Little Squares
Franko
Hogan

Jase? Its an arvo gig???

yes I would like to go Pumpy

What are Pork knuckles I cant find a picture

Schweinshaxe (Pork Knuckles)

2 servings 3 hours 10 min prep
Change to: servings US Metric
1 small leek
1 stalk celery
1 carrot
1 onion
2 meaty pork knuckles
salt
black peppercorns
2 tablespoons cooking fat or vegetable shortening
1/8 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
beer or water

Schweinshaxe (Pork Knuckles) Recipes
Comfort Food Main Dish

Wash and dice the leek, celery, carrot and onion.
Cook pork knuckles, diced vegetables, salt and peppercorns in water to cover 2 to 3 hours or until tender; avoid overcooking.
Remove from water; drain well reserving vegetables and cooking liquid.
Preheat oven to 425F.
Melt fat or shortening in an dutch oven.
Add drained pork knuckles, cooked vegetables and a small amount of cooking liquid.
Bake 30 minutes, moistening meat frequently with more cooking liquid.
Just before meat is done, sprinkle with beer or water in which a good amount of salt has been dissolved.
Add cumin to taste.
Serve with potato or white bread dumplings or sauerkraut salad.
Note: In Bavaria, the juices and cooking liquid are strained and served as an accompanying sauce.

Pumpy,

Are you going to bring the better half??
so far it's

Linz
Little Squares
Franko
Hogan + other half.
Pumpy

I'll be there with my 2, Kinny and Pia ... kids love pork knuckles yeah (?) My old man used to tell me that I was always asking for a mouthful of knuckles when I was a kid :D (bad gag I know :blink: )

So that makes

Linz
Little Squares
Franko
Hogan + other half.
Pumpy
Jimi + Kinny and kid

OK guys,

I'm going to make the booking this coming Friday...so just a bump to those that may have missed it or not sure about coming along....put your name down and come along...

So far,

Linz
Little Squares
Franko
Hogan + other half.
Pumpy
Jimi + Kinny and kid

Friday - today :unsure:

Sorry Linz I was under the impression it was a Saturday event. Kinny and my set of wheels will be in Brookvale till late tonight, so unless the bookings for 10pm me and my crew won't be able to make it. :(

Might still get down on Saturday and have a few retrospective beers with anyone who's around, I'll give you a bell tonight

Friday - today :unsure:

Sorry Linz I was under the impression it was a Saturday event. Kinny and my set of wheels will be in Brookvale till late tonight, so unless the bookings for 10pm me and my crew won't be able to make it. :(

Might still get down on Saturday and have a few retrospective beers with anyone who's around, I'll give you a bell tonight

Jimi

Its next Sat night. Not tonight.

Im going to be doing some work on the brewery on Sat arvo if any of the Male's want to drop around.

Just let me know

Kabooby :)

Kabooby - Brilliant news all round!
Next Saturday I can do. :beer:
I'm hoping Frank still has a vessel set aside for me so I can wrap up my brewery too.
Am keen to see what someone else is creating too, I'll catch up with you closer to the date, but if it's OK expect a visit

Booking is made, under the name of "Lindsay"(easier than using my surname) for 9 people for a 7pm start on (for jimi's ease of mind)SATURDAY 7TH OF JULY ;) . The owner asked for a 6pm start so if you're early no dramas...

Ive only just made the booking so if there are any lurkers from the Macarthur that want to tag along drop your name on the list and I can call and amend the numbers...

Hopefully there will be some damning photos to follow the event

Back