25 Litre Cubes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
I know that the ol 25 litre cube thing has probably been done before, but i have a couple of questions anyway. Firstly i think they would be good to CC in, so as to free up a fermenter, but the ones i have see at Bunnings the tap (i guess u need to fit one) seems very close to the bottom of the cube. So do u have any trouble, when draining the beer to be bottled/keged, with the slurry slipping out the tap?
And are they hard to clean as u can't get your arm in there to wipe out?
Where is the best place to get a couple?

I would recommend a jerry that is in some see through. That way it is a lot easier to determine how clean they are. As for cleaning majority of the time if i wash the jerry out after CC no worries.

Sometimes though i use a cube to secondary in. I just throw in some beer line cleaner and let sit for a few days.

Mine is similar to the $10.50 one on the e-bay site. except i paid $20

For any Perthites here, I can obtain 20 litre cubes from work (we use them for demineralised water for the forklifts). I can source the odd one or 2 as we use them, and if anyone wants one just let me know, and I'll grab it so you can come round and pick it up.

I use a cube for settling my ales for a couple days. They seem to be coming out quite clear, and I don't have any troubles with sediment because it all gets left i the primary. I'm currently brewing a batch of ginger beer in it.

Back