$25 grain mill motor from bread maker

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah thats what i meant. Pretty sure thats what i did. I accumulated a few couplers. The bread machine came with some pretty cool toothed wheels and belts but to use them i would have had to lathe the mill shaft. I dont have access to a lathe plus i didnt really want to change it.

Ahhhhh, I think the pulleys were a necessary part of the build to increase the torque or something (and possibly reduce the speed to the correct remember) ....... seems the bread maker option might still be alive, currently following one at $1 so worth a punt

Yeah looking at the original post thats the exact same pulleys i had from my brrad machine. Moding the mill shaft wasnt an option though.

Would the coupler get round that though? Seems like in one of the posts they were able to work with two different shaft sizes?

I havnt read the whole thread in a long time and i got rid of the bits in the last garage purge. Overdue for another one.
Sorry cant help you there

From memory (which i wouldnt trust) the smaller gear on the motor is already attached. So you might only have to tap a thread in the end of the mill shaft to bolt on the larger one. Getting the spacing to tighten the belt would be the only other thing. I think it was a Sunbeam or similar nread maker.

From memory (which i wouldnt trust) the smaller gear on the motor is already attached. So you might only have to tap a thread in the end of the mill shaft to bolt on the larger one. Getting the spacing to tighten the belt would be the only other thing. I think it was a Sunbeam or similar nread maker.
That is correct and also why yours didnt work as you didnt have the torque because you were driving it directly instead of with the pulleys used in the bread machine.

My lack of engineering knowledge was not enough to tell.
Alas poor bread machine motor, I did not know thee well[emoji25]

Back