2400W ULD Element Wiring

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I'm hoping a sparky can chime in here & answer a couple of questions in relation to polarity wiring theses elements & if it matters or not.
In the diagram, pins 1&2 are bridged as well as pins 3&4. The elements I believe are 1200w bridged to get 2400w.
One element is pins 1&3 the other 2&4.
I've tested continuity & pins 1&3 have continuity as do pins 2&4, opposites. So am I right in assuming that live wire will go to pin 1 & neutral wire will go to pin 3 or vise versa. Earth of course will be ground to the bolt on the inside of the element just above all those pins when the element guard goes on. Am I on the right track here.
I'll just add that nothing will be turned on until I get a sparky mate to have a look at it. They're hard to get to do anything where I live.

Attachments

• Paint Elements.png
    Paint Elements.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I'm not a sparky but it has to be 1-(3 or 4), or 2-(3 or 4) every other option is a dead short.
The pins you have numbered 2&3 have an extra washer on them, I would crimp a ring end onto my wirers and clamp it between the washers supplied, one of these but sized right.
Mark
1605272838463.png

I'm not a sparky but it has to be 1-(3 or 4), or 2-(3 or 4) every other option is a dead short.
The pins you have numbered 2&3 have an extra washer on them, I would crimp a ring end onto my wirers and clamp it between the washers supplied, one of these but sized right.
Mark
View attachment 119486

I guess the extra washers are intended to connect there, makes more sense right?
I'll connect Active to pin 2 & neutral to pin 3, earth to earth bolt.
My mates a sparky but he lives half an hour from me so it's hard to catch him when he's not so busy.
I've sent him through the pic as well but he hasn't replied yet.

Ok. Finally, it's done.

I'm no electrician so if if you decide to do any electrical work yourself, do it at your own risk but I'd advise getting a qualified electrician in to do the job for you.....if you can get one that bothers to turn up.

It's really tight in the element cover but all good & it works perfectly.

Attachments

• Wiring 1.JPG
    Wiring 1.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Wiring 2.JPG
    Wiring 2.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Wiring 3.JPG
    Wiring 3.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Wiring 4.JPG
    Wiring 4.JPG