230v Chugger Pumps Available In To Oz Feb/march 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feldon

caveat brasiator
Reaction score
FYI - have been in contact with Chugger Pumps in the US.

Asked if/when they will have a 240v version of their food grade, magnetic drive pumps with stainless steel heads (both centre inlet and inline models).

Magical_Snap___2012.10.16_12.04___003.jpg
http://chuggerpumps.com/index.php

Main points of the response were:

"Should have the 230 volt by Feb-March 2013",

and

"We are trying to get electrical certification in Australia and we have a distributor lined up. So cost for shipping will be minimal with quick delivery".

(Anybody want to fess up to being the "distributor"?)

"We are trying to get electrical certification in Australia and we have a distributor lined up. So cost for shipping will be minimal with quick delivery".

(Anybody want to fess up to being the "distributor"?)
Cool, but it generally doubles the price from importing them directly (it does for March pumps sourced from the local distributor anyway).

Good looking pumps i'm definately keen for some stainless head action.

I just think its good to see more offerings for food grade homebrew pumps in the local Australian market.

Was only until fairly recently that March pumps seemed the only realistic option here.

Nowadays there are more options, which has helped spur quite a bit of innovative development by homebrewers, such as economy single vessel systems ('Bruameister' clones) and other lower-cost recirc herms systems.

All good stuff to see going on.

Hey Wally,
Did u buy the SS heads directly from the Chugger website? I tried to buy one but when I got to the checkout it only allowed US and Canadian addresses. I emailed them asking if they will ship to aussie addresses and got no reply...

Back