21lt x 1.082 wort PLUS 600gm DME = ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philistine

Reaction score
Struggling with some simple brew math here. Ive tried googling and just cant seem to find a way to work this out.
I want to add enough DME to 21 litres of 1.082 wort to bring it to 1.092
The only way I could think of was to mock up a recipe in brewers friend that gave me a 21 liter batch at 1.082 and then add DME until it hit 1.092 (which is my target)
The answer was 600gm.
Can anyone tell me if this is right?

Just to clarify, I already have 20lt @ 1.082 fermenting as I type.
I know its unorthodox, but what the hell
I have leftover wort, so I took 1lt and added 600gm DME. Plan is to boil, cool, then add to fermenter.
The final volume will be around 21.4lt due to the DME, so I know it wont be super accurate...

Last edited:
ahhhh didnt think of using a starter calc.... that makes sense

Struggling with some simple brew math here. Ive tried googling and just cant seem to find a way to work this out.
I want to add enough DME to 21 litres of 1.082 wort to bring it to 1.092
The only way I could think of was to mock up a recipe in brewers friend that gave me a 21 liter batch at 1.082 and then add DME until it hit 1.092 (which is my target)
The answer was 600gm.
Can anyone tell me if this is right?

Just to clarify, I already have 20lt @ 1.082 fermenting as I type.
I know its unorthodox, but what the hell
I have leftover wort, so I took 1lt and added 600gm DME. Plan is to boil, cool, then add to fermenter.
The final volume will be around 21.4lt due to the DME, so I know it wont be super accurate...
Seems legit - did the same thing to top up the OG for a batch I pitched on the weekend.

Latest posts

Back