2021 Hunter Homebrew Comp - 19th June 2021

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcavan

Reaction score
Hunted United Brewers are excited to announce the annual 2021 Hunter Homebrew Competition which will be held on Saturday 19th June at Hamilton North Bowling Club.

Entries will be judged against the AABC Guidelines, closing date for entries will be Friday 11th June 2021.

All details regarding Styles, Prize Classes and the entry process are available on the comp website at:

http://comp.hunterbrewers.com/
Judges, Stewards and Volunteers can also register their interest to participate in the comp through the website, we would encourage all interested (whatever your experience level) to take part as there's plenty to learn about beer judging and appreciation.

We have some fantastic prizes up for grabs this year so be sure to put your best beers forward and best of luck to all entrants!

EDIT: Dates for Comp & Drop-off are now 1 week later, due to scheduling conflict.

2021 Hunter Comp Flyer_v4.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

The website will not recognise my registration from last year, and if I try to register as a new account, I get a message about confirming I am not a robot when there is nowhere to do so.

Thanks
Daz

Can you please let us know when the Sydney drop-off locations are updated? Thanks

Hi,

I'm interested in entering, would also be keen to know the drop off locations. Also I tried to register on the website, but it kept saying "Please verify that you are not a robot", even though there was nowhere to do so.

Cheers,
Chris

I was able to register last night, the "i'm not a robot" box is showing now

Ok just getting ready to put in a few entries. What sort of info normally goes into the "additional information"? Is this mostly used for specialty classes?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, first time entering a comp.

Hi there, I'm having some issues with the website.

I submitted several entries last week and unfortunately, I have not received any emails confirming this and I can’t print the labels.

I also cannot login to the portal - I've tried to reset my password but I'm not getting the email and I've checked the junk folders etc.

Should I create a new account and re-submit my entries?

Thanks!

PS - I entered last year and all the functionality worked at that point for me so I think there could be a website issue?

Hey guys,
@bcavan So have put in an entry and sent it off successfully, however i can’t find any info on the actual event itself.
Is it an event we acutely attend? If so, what time does it start and end?
Do we get feedback on our beers at all?

I’m from the Blue Mountains, so will take a few hours to get there.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I got an email requesting the (questionable) pleasure of my company at 8:30 on Saturday morning 19/06.
Hamilton North Bowling Club and Map Link

Looks like morning session from 9:00 to Noon - Lunch - afternoon session....
Be good to see everyone, this last year has been fairly insular.
Mark

Apologies, but not happening for me. Tomorrow is set as a brew day for me, after a hiatus for the last 2½ months. I need to brew to keep up my stocks.
Best of luck to all involved.

I got an email requesting the (questionable) pleasure of my company at 8:30 on Saturday morning 19/06.
Hamilton North Bowling Club and Map Link

Looks like morning session from 9:00 to Noon - Lunch - afternoon session....
Be good to see everyone, this last year has been fairly insular.
Mark

Ah damn!! Oh well, a bit late now!!! Would have been a tough call driving 3 hours for a 9am start anyway!!!!

Did you go?

It was a great show. A room full of top people to spend a day drinking beer with.

There were over 80 beers in the 4 categories. 12 judges. I got to be one of the 4 stewards serving to the judges, so did a lot of tasting throughout the day. I sat in on the best of show tasting which came from the winner of each of the 4 categories.

I picked up a third in the dark and strong category which I was pleased with. I learnt so much being a part of the day. I’m so glad I got involved.

It was a great show. A room full of top people to spend a day drinking beer with.

There were over 80 beers in the 4 categories. 12 judges. I got to be one of the 4 stewards serving to the judges, so did a lot of tasting throughout the day. I sat in on the best of show tasting which came from the winner of each of the 4 categories.

I picked up a third in the dark and strong category which I was pleased with. I learnt so much being a part of the day. I’m so glad I got involved.

Oh man! sounds like it was awesome!!! Bummed that I missed out!

Do we get feedback on any beers we submitted by any chance?

Yes we all get emailed our results. I believe it may take a few days while the head judge rechecks everything before sending results. The feedback comments where quite long for some entries I noticed. So how much of that feedback we get I’m not sure yet. That would be a lot of work for someone to type all the feedback into the system. But I think they aim to get all the judges comments to us.

Back