2018 NSW State Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but that was my issue with the results. I didn't know which one placed and which one did poorly, so my experiment was kind of a failure.

I get the whole anonymous thing but maybe the comp should be moved to a platform like compmaster that uses QR Codes?

This is the first state comp I have noticed that allowed more than one entry per sub-category. It is usually limited to 2 per category, 1 per sub-category as the Nationals are, So it may have been overlooked as a potential problem

Sorry, but that was my issue with the results. I didn't know which one placed and which one did poorly, so my experiment was kind of a failure.

So shouldn't these two have been assigned unique entry numbers? Like 2074.1 and 2074.2, and been labelled as such?

This is the first state comp I have noticed that allowed more than one entry per sub-category. It is usually limited to 2 per category, 1 per sub-category as the Nationals are, So it may have been overlooked as a potential problem
Ok so that makes sense. I just checked and it does say you were allowed 2 entries. I guess it was overlooked.

So shouldn't these two have been assigned unique entry numbers? Like 2074.1 and 2074.2, and been labelled as such?
No, just 2 random entry numbers were assigned.

If you look at the Results pdf your entries are listed by the entry number that was used when you put the entry in.
The numbers on the feedback sheets were for the comp organisers.
If you kept a record of the entry number for each of your bottles then you can cross reference them by the scores on your feedback sheets
to find which sheet refers to which bottle
If you don't know your entry number then log back in to the comp and see your entries in the tab "submitted entries" https://nsw-brewing-championships.org/index.php?main_page=contact_vrp

Attachments

• 2018 NSW Amateur Brewing Championships Results.pdf
    547.1 KB · Views: 84
That doesn't work... the entry numbers on my bottles and results match, but the entry numbers on the scoresheets are entirely different. I've logged in and there's nowhere to cross reference these 2 different numbers.

It's fine up until the point where you have 2 beers entered in the same subcategory. You're left not knowing which one is which.

That doesn't work... the entry numbers on my bottles and results match, but the entry numbers on the scoresheets are entirely different. I've logged in and there's nowhere to cross reference these 2 different numbers.

It's fine up until the point where you have 2 beers entered in the same subcategory. You're left not knowing which one is which.

I'm sure a clever lad like yourself is able to use an abacus to add up your scores, then match with the results.... Then you will know the original entry numbers.

You know what, that works! Didn't think of that. That's what Coalminer was trying to say too now that I look at it.

This works for my ipas (which are both 2 points off from the results). For my Brett beer though they both scored identically. It really doesn't matter as i was happy with my results, i was just pointing out certain errors...

Does anyone know how I'd get in touch with Barry Cranston, Craig Dubar or Brett McKenna?

Looks like they dominated a lot of the awards. I'm going to be hiring a brewer soonish, so it'd be good to have a chat and maybe a play with our pilot system.

Back