2018 NSW State Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer Style Question
Fella’s
I’ve brewed a beer based on an neipa recipe & used a German lager yeast, but I’m confused as to which category to enter it into. I guess you’d call it an neipl.
It has the hoppy aroma of an ipa, yet the smooth almost malty flavour of a Bavarian lager.

Any suggestions?

Hi Uyllii, were both of those (####.1 and ####.1) numbers identical, and were they separate beer styles?
The bottle labels will give you 2 identical ID numbers for bottle 1 and bottle 2 of your entry.
Just want to clarify before going further

Hey bcavan, they were different styles, exact same number on all 4 bottle labels.

However, someone has fixed the issue on your website. I now have distinct bottle labels for both entries. I will re-print the labels today as I haven't dropped off the bottles yet.

12 Days before entries close on 8th September for this years Comp, Judges & Stewards also need to register their interest on the comp website and specify which sessions/days they'll be available for:
Myself and 2 mates have signed up to be Stewards on the Sunday arvo. Looking forward to it :)

OK, have booked a room at the local pub and sent off my Volunteering details. Look forward to seeing old drinking buddies and making new ones. See you there.

Should there have been an option to say what the base style of the beer is in the brett beer category? I've already sent my beers off but in previous comps this has been asked.

Hi,

I've just submitted 5 beers for entry. I've ended up with 2 entries ending in .4, that is, they have the same entry number.

I have:
1 x .1
1 x .2
2 x .4
1 .5

.3 seems to be missing... will this be a problem?

Hi Guys,

Keen to attend this event - is there much for spectators to do/ are there stalls etc? (will be seeing you nonetheless, but may bring the missus along)

Any insight would be brill.

Hi Guys,

Keen to attend this event - is there much for spectators to do/ are there stalls etc? (will be seeing you nonetheless, but may bring the missus along)

Any insight would be brill.

Hi

No stalls (that I’m aware of). There will be activity of stewards marshalling beers, serving beers, tasting the beer if volume allows, judges evaluating beers, making notes and comments, scoring, scores scoresheets being recorded and sums being checked.

In my experience it is interesting to see but more so when you are directly involved. Notwithstanding the above it is interesting to see if you’ve never seen a comp before and there will be a fair bit of activity due to the sheer number of beers and people involved.

Cheers.

Can't find it anywhere. What time do the sessions start? Has anything been done to facilitate food for lunch?

Hi

Judging will be starting at 9am and 1pm.
Lunch will be provided for all judges and stewards.

Cheers
Adam

I originally signed up to steward Sunday arvo, but should be good for the whole day now. Should I register again, or just rock up at 8:30 and let someone know?

Register your interest if you can.
Flights are being sorted and jobs allocated tonight.
Thanks

Are the results/ feedback emailed, posted, or put online?

I'm looking for the same answer to that.

also how long does it normally take to get feedback? this is my first comp and don't know how these things work!

Back