2017 SEQ Christmas Case Swap - Tasting thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EBC0DA25-0D1C-4D66-98F0-6212B541A340.jpeg

I can't edit the spreadsheet from phone, but mine is ready. 5.3%

Black #2 is the Robust Porter, Red #2 is the Hoppy Saison. Colirs indicated are the writing on the lid. Schedules are on the spreadsheet.

Mine will be a few weeks at least. May need some age to smooth off the alcohol. I'll update the thread when ready.

Edit: can't edit on phone either. Got the app already installed.

Mine is carbed and ready, but I’d say give it a few weeks.

20171203_191933.jpg

2. Madperrie robust porter. Poured this then hopped into an epson salt bath... i am sore as shit this arvo. Great beer mellow roast with a malt sweetness on the nose and taste. Very easy to drink. Finishes dry and morish. A well brewed beer mate

Last edited:
Thanks to @earle for starting the thread and updating the spreadsheet.

I've added a few more columns so you can put in a Best After and Best Before date, in case freshness is an issue for a hoppy beer for example.

The Yes/No/??? column is restricted to a drop down and is colour coded, so just click on it and pick your option and fill out the dates.

The numbering system has got a bit out-of-whack. eg - my Julebryg, with "5" on the cap, shows on the spreadsheet as "6". I won't risk stuffing things up by attempting to change the spreadsheet, but someone who understands the finer points of spreadsheet editing might give it a go.

EDIT - I might have been looking at a superceded version! Looks OK now...

The numbering system has got a bit out-of-whack. eg - my Julebryg, with "5" on the cap, shows on the spreadsheet as "6". I won't risk stuffing things up by attempting to change the spreadsheet, but someone who understands the finer points of spreadsheet editing might give it a go.

EDIT - I might have been looking at a superceded version! Looks OK now...

Hi Roger

You might be looking at the spreadsheet row number, rather than the number in the first column.

It shows you as lid numbers 5 and 9.

According to my brew log mine will be ready to go on 18/12/17. That said it's a wheat beer so it'll probably be fine after another week.

I've updated the spreadsheet with some conditional formatting, so it should automatically turn green when beers are ready.

Just waiting on @Zorco & @Bribie G to fill out their dates, and @angus_grant to confirm when his is good to go.

Latest posts

Back