2016 Qld xmas in july case swap tasting thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liam_snorkel said:
12A. Lord Raja Goomba I - AIPA
Well it lasted 1 day in the fridge 'cold conditioning'
A bit hazy but I was warned, should have given it a week in the fridge :p Nice citrusy hop character, pleasant drinking. What's the ABV?
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1469099799.484719.jpg
Ooh, hell. About 5.5%.

zorsoc_cosdog said:
I think I left a couple at Winkles and the two swaps on the night. It's out of the 24 set, but - as convinced by earle et.al. - feedback is valuable.
I have no recollection of these events. :ph34r: :lol:

Motabika said:
Thanks Man. Means a lot.

I did carb it on the low end as the beer that I did on the lacto cake before the Lichtenhainer, a dry hopped Gose was a gusher.

The recipe was as simple as my normal Berlinner recipe except I exchanged the Pilsner with Best Malz smoked malt

Recipe:

2.2kg Weyermann pale wheat
2.2kg Best Malz Smoked Malt

5g of aged hops at 60mins

Was pitched on a Gigayeast Fast lacto cake which I am reusing originally co pitched with us-05

Ph ended at around 3.2
I found that yeast in adelaide. On special for about $9 so will be grabbing some. I haven't done one of these styles before so will do a bit of research.

seehuusen said:
Adr0, as usual, top ******* beer mate. That is all :D
Thanks Martin, glad you enjoyed.

I'm getting behind - there are so many drinkable now but I haven't cracked a single one. It is the weekend though...

19. Angus - "pick a windae" wee heavy - Ready to drink

Well I was going to wait for Angus to try his but f it - I'm on the bus and bored.

This beer is nothing like I expected. Instead of a super-sweet, malty, heavy scotch ale I got something with a huge hit of yeast spiciness, still fairly sweet but also with a very high carbonation.

2016-07-21 18.37.03.jpg

So I squeezed the air out of the bottle, recapped and 10 minutes later this is me squeezing the neck pretty hard.

2016-07-21 19.15.43.jpg

What I ended up with was something the reminded me very heavily of a Chimay Blue so a glass change was necessary.

2016-07-21 20.27.52.jpg

Not sure how or why but if my bottle is a one-off you all can suck it.

6/10 as a Wee Heavy
10/10 as bonus awesome

(So check number 19 and see if your bottle is really hard. If it is you may be in luck)

LRG - Hazy Hop Juice.

Big intense hop aroma, colour is nice, big bitter finish. Probably lacking a touch of body, but overall a great way to start the weekend!

Cheers!ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1469166249.318725.jpg

I wish more of you would specify an ABV, trying to pick a couple to have before going to dinner with the wife's boss [emoji51]

Yee gads,.... What's wrong with your footer NickB?

I've never seen so many minus signs :huh:

For heavens sake....add something to the brewing soon row.... Or come over to my joint and we'll rip into a bag of ale malt and push out a quad batch. :beerbang:

Nick B's AIPA. I agree it's more red than pale but man it's a crackin beer. Late hops are on point to be honest. Really loved it. Cheers Nick.

Was just gettingbstarted on Ciderman's Hingerbread Ale and git called into work. Very drinkable, nice balance with the gingery addition.

Maybe you lucked out parks. Mine tastes like a sweet wee heavy. Low carbonation, heavy malt flavours. :-(
Also my abv is about 6.5%.
My bottle was still fairly squishy. Maybe a touch under-carbed. So maybe my bulk prime didn't work all that well.

If your bottle is hard, hope for bad wee heavy great belgian thing. If bottle is soft, expect wee heavy.

Let it warm up a bit too.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1469174882.656191.jpg

Back