2015 Top 5 - Recipe Booklet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser_john

Go Pies
Reaction score
Hi all,

for those interested in seeing some of the recipes of the winning brews, head over to our website to download the PDF recipe booklet. Note that not all recipes were provided to us, so some are missing, if they come through, I'll update the document.

Cheers

Great recipes. Thanks for putting into the public space for download.

Fwiw, the Munich dunkel & Schwarzbier are the same recipe. Also the mash schedule looks odd, though it might be just Jordan's special technique.

Looks the goods! but looks like my recipe got missed. Have forwarded the details across to Glenn again.

looks good but would be nice if the 'details' section of each recipe had some more usable scaling details and each detail section was laid out the same (some just have weights, some have %) such as

- Wort volume (volume into fermenter, or volume at end of boil or 'batch' size if you want to use that fun term ;) )
- IBUs for each addition (or ANY addition)... there is only one mention of IBUs in the entire pdf
- OG/FG estimates (some have it in the directions, others dont have it anywhere.. only 5 recipes have gravity details)

I know they/you do this for free, but if the format of each recipe section was more consistent then people trying to replicate these recipes would be likely able to at least think they are getting somewhere close ;)

buckerooni said:
Looks the goods! but looks like my recipe got missed. Have forwarded the details across to Glenn again.
Excellent, thanks for that, it is really appreciated.

SBOB said:
looks good but would be nice if the 'details' section of each recipe had some more usable scaling details and each detail section was laid out the same (some just have weights, some have %) such as

- Wort volume (volume into fermenter, or volume at end of boil or 'batch' size if you want to use that fun term ;) )
- IBUs for each addition (or ANY addition)... there is only one mention of IBUs in the entire pdf
- OG/FG estimates (some have it in the directions, others dont have it anywhere.. only 5 recipes have gravity details)

I know they/you do this for free, but if the format of each recipe section was more consistent then people trying to replicate these recipes would be likely able to at least think they are getting somewhere close ;)
I sent a template out with the basic framework as laid out in the document and what I got is what is published.

To-date, the Top 5 2016 website allows Beer XML upload of a recipe. You can register, add entries and the like as a "play pen" until some time next year when I will purge it all and start fresh for the real competition. Just don't pay for your entries for now LOL.

Cheers

Thanks and good reading. I find just reading recipes gives me inspiration to try different styles. Thanks again. Cheers Elz

technobabble66 said:
Great recipes. Thanks for putting into the public space for download.

Fwiw, the Munich dunkel & Schwarzbier are the same recipe. Also the mash schedule looks odd, though it might be just Jordan's special technique.
Just read the final line of Jordan's notes:
"As such the same recipe was entered into both styles. "

Aaaaaahhh, now it makes sense!!
*facepalms*

Thanks for that link. It's great to see insights into other people's processes and the different ways people are brewing good beers.

technobabble66 said:
Just read the final line of Jordan's notes:
"As such the same recipe was entered into both styles. "
Yeah - maybe the second entry should just as "See above" rather than being repeated.

Back