2015 Hop Plantations, Show Us Your Hop Garden!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex.Tas said:
Looking good, will look awesome covered in green.
I was worried about the wind load my trellis may put on the fence, but i see you used some star pickets to secure the trellis base and then braced against the timber fence.
How many plants are you going to run on this trellis, reckon it will strain your fence much?
Hey Alex, thanks.

only two plants, so max about 10-12 bines.
Yeah, the star pickets and the bracing to the fence should be enough support…I hope ! haha

Creeping!

Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 3.34.59 pm.png

Jacob Thomas said:
Creeping!
I love these shots. Looks like some good growth. What is it? What state are you in? (And I don't mean your sobriety !)

Far out, I'm in Wollongong, NSW and have only just in the last couple of weeks got my first shoots!

It's a 3yo cascade that i got earlier this year. I split the crown in 2 and they are both going crazy. I'm up in Stirling SA

Sixdemonbag said:
I love these shots. Looks like some good growth. What is it? What state are you in? (And I don't mean your sobriety !)

Saaz and cascade on the grow.
Hopefully I yield higher than last year (around 30g from memory dried)

1413873625831.jpg

1413873644851.jpg

My 2nd year cascade's. 2 plants prob a bit close together, totally covered the rio last year & couldn't see the fence. Already 1.5 metres vines, huntervalley ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1413875483.705855.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1413875500.720643.jpg

Fellas,

A true coming of age story.

I've been checking my hops twice a day for the last two months.

Finally!!!

20141021_201039-1.jpg

Pic of part of my hops yard featuring one of my Victoria plants.

Inter Row Hops yard October 23rd 2014 002.jpg

just of curosity can you prune the growth of the bine so it don't grow to high without kiliing it

DU99 said:
just of curosity can you prune the growth of the bine so it don't grow to high without kiliing it
You can prune them but if the bines don't grow long enough you won't get any cones.

mondestrunken said:
Dude I'm pretty sure that's garlic not hops.
The Victoria is on the right edge of the pic toward the top.

In the second pic there is a second Victoria behind the obvious one in the upper centre of the screen.

20141024_181950.jpg
My cascade has been on the peptides this year and already at the top of the trellis.

20141024_182000.jpg
Whereas my chinook is still stretching and rubbing its eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back