2014 Vic Xmas Caseswap TASTING

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did after MartinOC and yourself explained the story. I thought it was a strange way of getting a point across haha

@ GrumpyPaul - thanks mate, haven't poisoned anyone...yet so I jumped on the other thread as a count me in if you can but didn't get a chance to read through as we had to go out, came back - read through the (Christmas in July) thread, its morphed into something huge already! will stand back and enjoy from the computer screen

GrumpyPaul said:
???

You owe your label art, our being abilities to God or wanking?

Mardoo said:
youre making less sense than I do! ;) Sorry for the diversion guy, back to tasty beers.
I was going to rephrase so that made sense...but bugger it. Typing in this heat is too much effort.

Please ignore my demented ramblings.....

Carry on.

Had Grainers Munich Dunkel, very nice! There is a sweetnrss in the HB dunkels ive had in the past that wasnt in yours but it was probably intended to be more roasty anyway? Thumbs up from me really enjoyed it :)

DJ Lethal old boy- had your FOON Saison! bloody beautiful. refreshing and light. exactly what a saison should be IMO. dupont eat your heart out. effervescent. nice big fluffy head, not overly bitter. great beer. feeling nicely buzzed now on this glorious melbourne summer's day! thanks bro!

IMG_3689.jpg

technobabble's red saison drinking now! I can't think of a single thing to criticise about this, deep deep red colour, nice aroma and perfect carbonation. never had a red saison before but i think this must be spot on for the style, tastes maltier than most of the saisons i've had.
great beer.

cheers

Oops!

Either Poggor detects phenolics better than most, or Grumpy Paul has a problem with phenolics in his IPA.

...or Poggor has mixed-up his swap-beer tastings....

...or the flavour of Lethal's saison is overpowering & carried-over into the subsequent IPA tasting....(in which case, I want some!!)..

ok. after a few edits all is well. surely no one thinks im drunk enough to mix up two red swap beers??? better get on and drink the red ipa.

poggor said:
also, what is FOON?
My brewery name, it's my nickname backwards, because my mates all said "If you bloody call your brewery NOOFSBREW, we'll kill you"... so FOON Brewing it is.

Glad you liked the Saison! :)

Cheers poggor!

Congrats - you are the first to review my saisons in either this swap or the Merri Mashers' Swap!!

I was a bit concerned as to how it'd turn out, so i'm v glad the first report is a positive one.
I quite liked how the malts i used to get the red hue (CaraAroma & Roasted Barley in this one) managed to sneak a little bit more maltiness in there, hopefully without screwing up the delicate saison nature of the beer.

What did you think of the hops?
I don't think i'd use Nelson in it again, but the others seemed to work OK-ish.

10. Mayor of Mildura - IPA

Wow. Just wow. Great example of the style. Grapefruit and pine on the nose. A head that lasts and lasts with an awesome light amber colour. Flavour is like the aroma on steroids with a firm bitterness I'm very much enjoying. Very clean ferment to my tastes. Well brewed mate, shame I've only the one bottle. Any chance of a recipe?

Oh, no issues opening the bottle here... :)

12. Navarau: Just finishing this one now, and by damn I picked the Amarillo straight away. Crystal clear, passion fruit sucker punch, definitely a summer smasher.

Improvements? Could be a bit more carbed, and finishes a bit too sweet. Massive amarillo flavour but strangely lacking the aroma.

Definitely enjoyed this one as I was working out in the shed. Cheers! (Also love the label work)

Sons of Zeus is ready to drink. Best way to enjoy it is to take the bottle out of the fridge for 20-30 minutes before pouring a glass. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back