2014 Vic Christmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote that anyone who doesn't turn-up with their own drinking vessel be hog-tied & thrown into the pool.

Now...where the **** did I put all my glassware in the move to Kinglake??? Ooer! Might've screwed myself over there....!!

ALSO...on the fire thing: Anyone got an offcut (1x1m) of corrugated iron or the like that we can put under the brazier? I've got a few big pieces, but I don't want to cut them unless necessary, as I want to save them for protecting my firewood pile for next winter.

I really should have been bottling today....but I brewed a wheat beer instead.

Dont worry guys theres still a week to the my swap beer into bottles for you.

I might be cutting it fine....but fingers crossed I'll get there.

I'm sure they'll be bottled, I just won't drink one until after Xmas , problem solved

oh oh...I should have been bottling today...but there was a beer festival on and I had to go and drink thier beer.

Gah! Ella's Secret is out... VDK'd to the DNQ. Never experienced diacetyl before, but it was pretty unmissable.

Subbing in 2 of my 3 backups (ultimate backup is still in the fermenter!), meant to try and isolate the differences between Ella and it's big sister Galaxy. Hope y'all don't mind a pot luck swap... 12 of each.

1. Midnight Brew - Sons of Zeus IPA (Red X, Apollo, Bravo)
2. Grainer - Melandolin Induced Munich Dunkel - Think it came 4 out of 21 in recent comp
3. Idzy
4. Brewnut - Fruity Hopped Saison with Brett
5. Tahoose
6. Siborg
7. Mardoo - Oaten Amber
8. Damn - Golden Ale or APA
9. technobabble66 (tentative)
10. Mayor of Mildura - IPA
11. JB - bastardised Zombie Dust
12. Navarau
13. mofox1 - Ella's Secret (Aust. IPA) Ella Pale / Galaxy Pale
14. GrumpyPaul - Red IPA
15. Luke1992
16. AJ80 - dusty sunrise (rye saison)
17. Whiteferret - Belgian Witbier
18. pedleyr
19. AndrewF - Northern English brown ale
20. djaroo7( Steam Beer)
21. DJ_L3THAL - my first Saison, wish me (or I suppose you) luck!
23. poggor Dr Pratt's Wit's End (Hefeweizen) drinking now
24. Meats

Reserves:
1. position 22 is vacant for anyone interested

Non-Swap Attendee:
1. 7 year old Vietnamese rubber farmer (Thong)
2. Manticle
3: Yob
4. Mardoo
5. Micbrew
6. SmallFry
7. Nullnvoid
8. AwesomeFury

Brewers/Cubers:
1. Idzy
2. technobabble66
3. Navarau
4. JB
5. Micbrew
6. mofox1
7. Damn
8. Mardoo
9. GrumpyPaul
10. Yob
11. AJ80
12. Whiteferret
13. pedleyr
14. Nullnvoid
15. Luke1992
16. MartinOC
17. Grainer
18. Brewnut
19. poggor - Reserve?
20. DJ_L3ThAL - Reserve?

Sorry guys, am going to have to give this one a miss. I'm going to be fishing (and not for compliments) instead.

Have redacted my name from the non-swappers.

Have fun

1. Midnight Brew - Sons of Zeus IPA (Red X, Apollo, Bravo)
2. Grainer - Melandolin Induced Munich Dunkel - Think it came 4 out of 21 in recent comp
3. Idzy
4. Brewnut - Fruity Hopped Saison with Brett
5. Tahoose
6. Siborg
7. Mardoo - Oaten Amber
8. Damn - Golden Ale or APA
9. technobabble66 (tentative)
10. Mayor of Mildura - IPA
11. JB - bastardised Zombie Dust
12. Navarau
13. mofox1 - Ella's Secret (Aust. IPA) Ella Pale / Galaxy Pale
14. GrumpyPaul - Red IPA
15. Luke1992
16. AJ80 - dusty sunrise (rye saison)
17. Whiteferret - Belgian Witbier
18. pedleyr
19. AndrewF - Northern English brown ale
20. djaroo7( Steam Beer)
21. DJ_L3THAL - my first Saison, wish me (or I suppose you) luck!
23. poggor Dr Pratt's Wit's End (Hefeweizen) drinking now
24. Meats

Reserves:
1. position 22 is vacant for anyone interested

Non-Swap Attendee:
1. 7 year old Vietnamese rubber farmer (Thong)
2. Manticle
3: Yob
4. Mardoo
5. Micbrew
7. Nullnvoid
8. AwesomeFury

Brewers/Cubers:
1. Idzy
2. technobabble66
3. Navarau
4. JB
5. Micbrew
6. mofox1
7. Damn
8. Mardoo
9. GrumpyPaul
10. Yob
11. AJ80
12. Whiteferret
13. pedleyr
14. Nullnvoid
15. Luke1992
16. MartinOC
17. Grainer
18. Brewnut
19. poggor - Reserve?
20. DJ_L3ThAL - Reserve?

GrumpyPaul said:
oh oh...I should have been bottling today...but there was a beer festival on and I had to go and drink thier beer.
One in Lilydale? How was it?

I finally managed to get mine bottled last night. I know I only bottle twice a year, but jeeez I freakin hate it!

JB said:
One in Lilydale? How was it?

I finally managed to get mine bottled last night. I know I only bottle twice a year, but jeeez I freakin hate it!
That's the one - it was good.

Smallish - maybe about half a dozen breweries plus a few wineries.

Weather was perfect for it.

No crowd to speak of - so unlike bigger festivals no queuing for drinks.

There wasn't any real stand out beers for me. A few fruity concoctions Matso's Mango beer and something called Kwencher Peach and black tea beer (neither did anything for me - the peach one tasted like they mixed a tin of IXL canned peaches with the beer)

If I had to pick a favourite - it would be the Cavalier Pale Ale.

If I push myself I may get my bottling done tonight (or tomorrow). I think you guys are going to end up with a mix of glass and PET bottles. I don't have enough of one type handy.

2014 Vic Christmas Case Swap
Brewing schedule
Friday
We will commence with the milling on Friday night. I will be at the brewery from 6:30pm. We will be filling all of the HLTs with liquor, filling the MLTs will milled grain and preparing for mash in.
Saturday
Hopefully we can kick-off at 9am. From there, it will be just a case of kicking on and getting roudy. Hopefully we will be all done and dusted by midday-ish and we can enjoy the remainder of the day.

Staying the night
People are more than welcome to stay the night. I wouldn’t want people to be drinking and driving – Safety First.
I will be arranging some areas for people to sleep. If you could let me know if you are planning on sleeping that would be great. I will try to arrange a bed or two, but it would be great if you guys can bring your own stuff for sleeping. There is a lot of undercover area and also a tennis court for swags, etc.

Cubers
Please bring 20l cube. Strictly 20l - Available at bunnings for $10. Please who bring 25l cubes or bigger will only be able to fill to 20l due to allowances and calculations. This will also put your cube at risk, due to headspace.
Please ensure it is cleaned and has some starsan in it on the day. Please also label your cube with permanent marker or a strip of electrical tape.
The cost of ingredients will need to be calculated and distributed amongst the cubers. This will include grain, water additions (salts, brewbrite, etc), and LPG gas. Water, electricity and space will be provided free of charge :D
Please bring your own cube additions!

Swap beer
Please bring your swap beer in a non-paper/cardboard container, such as a Milk Crate or Storage Container. Please ensure it is labeled with your AHB Name and Swap List Number.
Please ensure you have tested your beer for carbonation if it has been bottled for over a month. If you have bottled recently, please provide a best after date on your bottle.
This should be as simple as a piece of masking tape on each bottle.

Food
MartinOC and co. have kindly arranged food. If you are not on the list and feel so inclined, bring one of your favourite snacks. Please bring $10 for the food.

Drink
Please feel free to bring along a keg / bottle of your finest. This is the 6-monthly opportunity to show of your talents in brewing to Vic AHBers. This is always one of the best parts of the celebration.

Receptacle
Please bring your own drinking receptacle – this can be a glass, cup, or boot.
There will be a plastic cups available, but there will be a tax upon collection, lol.

Firepit and wood
Martin has kindly offered to supply firewood and I believe he will be bringing a brazier or some sort of fire holding device.

I will also have a couple of 44 gallon drums halved for this purpose if required.

Address
Will be provided in PM

Looking forward to it! Very excited!

Cheers,
Idzy

Hey Idzy I'll be coming down Friday arvo to help with the setup. The weather is looking good so I just need a spot for my swag. Do you still need a whirlpooler? If so I could knock one up at work. Just let me know how long it needs to be. Cheers see you for the pre drinks drinks.

Back