2014 GABF - Geelong

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
1 Feb.. Blah blah.. Anyone been previous years events? Good bad and ugly?

Thinking of making a day of it if I can get the leave pass..

Might be an option....

Other things got in the way of me going to ballarat this year.

Will also be interested in any feedback.

I went last year.Not bad selection of beers. The lines were short but unorganised.Usual craft beer punters there. Lots of younger folk drinking too much. Crowd was a little messy when I was leaving. I did object to drinking out of plastic but I guess that is the easy option. Will probably go again.

Is everyone aware that there is a Home Brew comp attached to this event?

Yeah, forgot to mention that.. You bring and submit on the day, I don't think there are post in options..

Thanks G

Hmm, I was going to enter something as it's handy to have a comp in the "off season". If it's bring and submit I'd doubt that it's run as stringently as an AABC type comp where they allow the beer to settle / chill etc.

Bribie G said:
Sounds like a plan. :ph34r:
FYI Bribie

Hi Jesse,

As we cannot accept entries on the day I would need you to post your entry to either one of the drop points.
PLEASE NOTE: I would recommend you send earlier in the piece to ensure they receive it. Suggest no later than 20th Jan.
Make sure you package correctly and I further suggest you send to Wallington's WRG at 370 Grubb Rd, Wallington VIC 3221.

Yeeeahhh... Tickets bought..

5 of us lads who've not seen each other in a while heading down.. take the party Keg too I guess for afterwards sitting by the pool at the Hotel.

:beerbang: :super: :beerbang: :super:

Don't know if I'm going to get anything entered myself but I am also heading down and bringing Mrs K too. Babysitter organised but no tickets bought yet. I think we will just pay at the door.

there's a handful of locals from the Corio Bay Brewers (including myself) who will be heading along on Saturday...I hope to meeet some fellow AHB'ers in the flesh!

There are a handful of locals from the Corio Bay Brewers (including myself) heading along. I hope to meet some fellow AHB'ers on the day!

Back