2014 Case Swap Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just cracked one of yours sp0rk.
image.jpg

Wasn't a huge gusher, but definitely infected.
Still tastes good, and it's a sexy colour. Tastes better infected then un-infected beers I've made before :)

Little black spot inside the bottle.
image.jpg

Just having the second bottle of yours Shane skelly, it's been in the fridge the whole time and it's perfectly carbonated and very easy drinking.

Well in Irish.

Well I nutted out how I fuked up my case swap IPA. Tried a stout I bottled at the same time, the same way and it was perfect. Thought back and realised I only used 1 pack of US05 and it was a 1.096 SG beer. Bad overlook on my department.

1096 holy shit!

I just had another bottle of the american wheat, still too much like orange juice and the off flavours form the yeast getting too cold are still noticeable. Realised i normally do 50% bittering 50% cube hops, and this one was more like 10% / 90%... like i do for an APA..... speaking of which, just kegged 2x APA's, double batch, one cube equal amounts citra/centennial, one equal amounts chinook/centennial with half that of citra. :chug:

Wish i did that for the case swap, much nicer drop :p

Out of the fermenter 'twas good. Ended up doing a mid strength beer. Should be done now and will CC for a coupla days tomorrow. 25L. So will bottle leftovers and distribute to y'all. Going to try my first go at natural keg carbing with it also.

Shaunous,

Was your beer the brown pet bottle with black lid? Just drinking it now. Saison?

I opened it thinking it was Argonauts citrusy 'orange juice' beer.

I thought it had a white lid. Mine was an IPA with failed carbonation due to yeast under-pitching.

Galaxy and NS hops

shaunous said:
I thought it had a white lid. Mine was an IPA with failed carbonation due to yeast under-pitching.

Galaxy and NS hops
It must have been Arghonaut's beer then. The strong orange juice taste was not as distinct as when tried on the night. Pleasant beer. Off flavours not noticeable.

OK, these reviews are slightly late but I had dramas getting my pics from the camera to the PC.

1st of all: Spork.

Whilst I love the homo-erotic ejaculations of an over-carbed beer, I also hate waste. So I came up with the following solution. Clean a jug, clean the outside of the bottle and voila.

beerbbqbrutus 009.JPG

Unfortunately, as we all know, mucho infecto. I wan't my money back.

Now for Matt: A really great beer. Slightly thick-ish/murky appearance, malty but with a great balance of a strong vegetative hop. Not sure which variety and I'm finding it hard to describe. But this beer was right up my alley and I loved it. Thank you.swap 015.JPG

Skelly. Super beer mate. Crystal clear, balanced, tasty - I could drink this stuff all day. Great balance, slighly hop forward (forgive the beerwank language), easy drinking. Please stop bottling in 375ml as it wasn't nearly enough. Great job.

beerbbqbrutus 013.JPG

Love your work.

Arghonaut. I thought this beer had great potential when we drank it green at the swap. Even though it was Citra-crazy then it was still good. I left it a few weeks and it was even better after it mellowed. The wheat, citra etc was all working great together and I though that although it was a little bit different/complex it was a very delicious easy-drinking brew. Well brewed and thanks. (I didn't get a photo of yours for some reason so here's a random pick I took of a Burleigh Hef. I've been experimenting with "Beertography".

beerbbqbrutus 037.JPG

Last one. Not sure who brewed this. It was in a 750ml tallie with a white lid that may have had some writing on but it had rubbed off. It was a big stout. As black as night with the faintest hint of red when held up to the sun. Delicious with hints of raisin, plum, brandy/sherry, christmas pudding etc. Some sweetness present also, possibly lactose? Very rich, definitely a winter warmer for sipping of an evening. A great brew.

beerbbqbrutus 109.JPG

I shared most, if not all, the swap beers with a mate (different mates on different days). They were impressed with the quality and variety of beers brewed. Made me quite chuffed.

Lincoln2 said:
Last one. Not sure who brewed this. It was in a 750ml tallie with a white lid that may have had some writing on but it had rubbed off. It was a big stout. As black as night with the faintest hint of red when held up to the sun. Delicious with hints of raisin, plum, brandy/sherry, christmas pudding etc. Some sweetness present also, possibly lactose? Very rich, definitely a winter warmer for sipping of an evening. A great brew.

attachicon.gif
beerbbqbrutus 109.JPG

I shared most, if not all, the swap beers with a mate (different mates on different days). They were impressed with the quality and variety of beers brewed. Made me quite chuffed.
Wasn't that your beer you trippa! :)

Also, did u give mine a go, or maybe you already did and posted yonks ago.

Anyway, here's a beauty pic of the 'K' Hop brew I'm having right now after a hard day.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1413707662.084512.jpg

Now that I think about it, it might have been one of mine - no wonder it was so good.

Yeah mate, I gave you a thumbs up on page 1 - full report plus photo..

Back