2014 Case Swap Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunous

I Drink VB
Reaction score
image.jpg

Ro-Man Arghonauts Breaky Juice Beer
Holy Citra! :p

Very refreshing and holding perfect head all the way to the bottom.

... Yes this photo was taken with my 1980's Nokia :)

image.jpg

Linc's Filthy Black Outmeal No. 64 Stout.

Perfect brew for in front of the fire, which is how I just consumed it :)

Like u said Linc, not carbed properly, but stouts don't need to be.

Let me know if my brew is flat and i'll replace it free of charge :D

image.jpg
Shane 'The Potato Eater' Kellys Pale Ale

Could have a session on this fella that's for sure
Maybe under carbed a little as I'm drinking it from a Headmaster glass, or maybe not, but doesn't seem to have the aggressive bubbles normally associated with Headmaster.

Very fresh and easy drinking.

Whats the grains in this Shane?
I'm guessing the hops is Galaxy?

Mate, we spoke about leaving certain beers for a week or two to reach maturity!

You're a p1sshead is what you are.

Although, Brew Matt's beers are in the fridge now ready for drinking tomorrow or Wed.

Plus the fact that I'm broke could mean some early drinking.

I wonder how many brewers skelly can fit in his boat?

Hahaha, pipe down Linc, can't a man have a beer after a hard days work :)

I knew someone said to leave their beers for a coupla weeks but couldn't remember who.
If mine aren't carbed now they never will be, so drink mine now. They've sat at 20*c temp controlled for 2.5 weeks before giving to you guys.

Into em lads :p

Which one are yours again?

I know we went through it all on the night but it was blurry and I've forgotten most of the instructions.

Then get off the computer and give your missus a foot massage!

Mines the PET Bottles, white Cap, 'Poley Bridge IPA' written in yellow paint pen.

Foot Massage = No. She's ticklish from the head down.

Sweet - I just put them in the fridge (I had to take out a bottle of the wife's wine to fit them in). I'll drink them tomorrow or Wednesday and report back.

shaunous said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Shane 'The Potato Eater' Kellys Pale Ale

Could have a session on this fella that's for sure
Maybe under carbed a little as I'm drinking it from a Headmaster glass, or maybe not, but doesn't seem to have the aggressive bubbles normally associated with Headmaster.

Very fresh and easy drinking.

Whats the grains in this Shane?
I'm guessing the hops is Galaxy?
Shaun thats more or less Dr Smurto's Light Amber Ale with Amarillo, cascade and galaxy! i've just brewed it about 4%. colour looks a bit light in your pic (i think) but its actually a bit darker from memory. very easy drinker alright, hard to fault his recipes!

Shaunousssssss poley bridge IPA.

Citrus resinous aroma, taste the same with a lingering bitterness.

Milder side of the IPA scale, very enjoyable after work in front of the fire.

Bit undercarbed and no head but still nice.

DSC_0736.JPG

Well I'm well confused.

I used a pre-open packet of coopers carb drops to carb these beers, the drops were a little stuck together like moisture had got inside the packet, but surely that couldn't affect carbonation.

I'll do another worthy brew and send it your way.

Sorry lads.

Yeh get into it, it's grand :)

Except the 'Sean's Hook Line and Sinker' bottles, they below to my old neighbour. Also a damn good drop.

Poley Bridge IPA brewed by Shaunous. Low carbonation*, crystal clear, good and hoppy but not too hoppy to be offensive (I'm not a hop-head). Fruit salad on the nose, good hops on the palate, dry finish. I'd just finished planting out a bed of shallots, burned a pile of garden waste and tidied up the shed including moving two fridges and this was my reward. Great beer and well brewed. Shared some with my mate Bill and he was impressed. Could have happily drunk another five bottles.

*Little noise on opening bottle - I gave it a semi-vigorous pour and it headed up.

swap 013.JPG

Make sure to open mine over a fridge gents (they say Dan on the lid)
I think I've tracked down the source of my infections, so hopefully this won't happen again

sp0rk said:
Make sure to open mine over a fridge gents (they say Dan on the lid)
I think I've tracked down the source of my infections, so hopefully this won't happen again
Over a fridge???

You wanting us to get our fridges covered in your beer. :)

Latest posts

Back