2013 Tasmanian International Beerfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like Dave, I reckon that the Taste of Tasminia is a real cracker. I'll be happy If the beer festival in half as good as the Taste.

But for me, the festival is really just an excuse for a boys weekend away. And if the weekend can involve talking about beer (and drinking it), I'll be stoked.

For all those not luck enough to be there today (me included), hope you all have a great day there tomorrow.

I'll be the thin guy in a t-shirt with a picture of headphones on the front.

Just been. Had many a good beer. Standout for me (well actually it was Mrs NFH drinking it but I did help a lot) was Brooklyn brewing's 10% stout. That made even the coldest of Hobart Novembers seem warm and fuzzy and actually not terrible to be in the south.

For those of you that didn't make it, the festival was great.

Not dissimilar to the taste of Tasmania, just fewer people and a focus on beer rather than wine. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Quite surprisingly (pleasantly surprising) the croud there was civilised - not exactly what I had expected.

Well worth the trip down to Tassie.

Not a bad festival this year, once again though way too many corona drinkers. Why anyone would pay $30.00 for entry and then drink corona all night when there are so many amazing beers available is beyond me.
Met some really nice people, great feedback on our beers, future sales etc. Wind down beers with other brewers after event close is always a highlight.
Always good to meet fellow AHBers.

Back