• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

2013 Hop Rhizome Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsmurto

Reaction score
Only 1 variety for sale this year - Chinook.

Same price as last year (and the year before and ......) - $10 each.

I will package each rhizome in damp coir to keep moist.
1-2 rhizomes will fit in a 500g express post satchel for $11
3+ rhizomes will need to go into a 3kg express post satchel for $15.

Payment is by bank deposit only.

PM me with your order, don't create a list.

PLEASE NOTE: I won't post to WA or Tassie due to your states quarantine restrictions.

In previous years I have suggested storing the rhizome in the vegie crisper until Spring or after the last frost. A small admission. Despite giving that suggestion for the last few years I have expanded my hop plantation by planting the new rhizomes as I am digging them up i.e. now. All have grown despite the chilly hills winter although they are protected by being underground and covered by an additional 10+cm of horse manure.

I shouldn't have to ask but it does happen - please send me your full name and postal address with your order. I can guess but the chances of me doing so accurately aren't great. In addition, if you want some basic hop growing instructions please send me your email address and I'll send you a 'Hop Growing Tips' word file. I can't attach files to PMs.

So 1 rhizome is $10 plus postage of $11 = $21 total.

or 2 rhizome is $20 plus postage of $11 = $31 total.

Is that right?

KingKong said:
So 1 rhizome is $10 plus postage of $11 = $21 total.

or 2 rhizome is $20 plus postage of $11 = $31 total.

Is that right?
Yes, that's how it works.

Florian said:
Same here, was hoping to grab a Victoria to add to the collection.
I was a little surprised to not get many rhizomes from the 3 Victoria plants. They haven't grown as much as the chinook but out produced the chinook. I'm happy as I have 1kg of dry Victoria in the freezer. The few rhizomes i did get went to the locals to make my life easier. There will be others with rhizomes for sale later as others cut them back.

Bummer, I managed to kill the Victoria I got last year. Was hoping to try again.

Hi There,

Can these be sent to WA?

If so id be interested.

Regards

DrSmurto said:

PLEASE NOTE: I won't post to WA or Tassie due to your states quarantine restrictions.

how hard are hops to grow? how much space do they take?

what do you mean plan for lots? oh - you mean quantity?

Due to a work trip overseas, rhizomes are now unavailable until mid July.

If you PM me, don't be surprised if it takes me a few weeks to reply. I do have Chinook left and will let you know via this thread when I'm back and selling again.

Back