2012 Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a great day at Murray's Manly a short time back. Fantastic setup and the staff were very friendly and really knew the beer.

They open at 11am every day, which may put a dent in the schedule. The normal ferry runs from Circular Quay every 20 minutes on the hour (well they did on week days anyway) costs about $15 return, half hour trip, and there is a fast version as well.

Cheers, Hoges.

having an alternative start in Manly doesn't sound too bad either, then ferry into town and hooking up with those starting at the Lowenbrau at Lord Nelson or Harts.
Not a bad start to the day with a beer or two at Murray's overlooking the beach, before wandering down the strip to the ferry in to town.

4Pines for a short beer stop after having done the exhaustive 500 m walk from Murray's while dodging bikini-clad tourists before jumping on the ferry.

;)

Bjorn

I'm all for it, count me in!
Only problem is, as Hoges pointed out, the 11 am opening time at Murray's. When we discussed the Manly start last year they advertised "Open for breakfast"!
Would have been the right spot for brekkie overlooking the beach and after a stopover at 4Pines catching the ferry.
That said I'm still for a beer or two at Murray's and 4Pines!

Cheers,
Pete

count me in, suggestion
lowenbrau
lord nelson
harts for lunch
Belgian beer caf
(on the Ferry)
Murrys,
(dip in the ocean)
(get rescued from the ocean)
4Pines
(Ferry Back)
Schwartz
tap house

count me in, suggestion
lowenbrau
lord nelson
harts for lunch
Belgian beer caf
(on the Ferry)
Murrys,
(dip in the ocean)
4Pines
(Ferry Back)
Schwartz
tap house
Not a bad idea.
And providing they let us on board, we can commandeer the free CBD Shuttle Bus between Circular Quay and Goulburn St, just round the corner from the Schwartz!
http://www.131500.com.au/plan-your-trip/cb...-commenced-2008

count me in, suggestion
lowenbrau
lord nelson
harts for lunch
Belgian beer caf
(on the Ferry)
Murrys,
(dip in the ocean)
4Pines
(Ferry Back)
Schwartz
tap house

Good suggestion, +1

Pete

They open at 11am every day, which may put a dent in the schedule.

Cheers, Hoges.

I see an FB posting from Murray today that the Manly Restaurant / Bar will be open for 9am brunch on weekends. Don't know if it's just for summer or what.

Cheers, Hoges.

Here is their brunch menu FWIW

OKAY, ENOUGH DILLY DALLY.

Since last time I organised the crawl I DID NOT TURN UP its a good thing now someone steps forward and puts a poll up. First poll should be month - March, April or May. This will determine a sooner or later trend. Then we pick the week.

It's a plan at least. Okay, someone start the poll.

That's an epic breaky menu!

And I concur with Fatz, lets get some dates nailed down...i'm foaming at the mouth to get onboard.

my vote would be for around the same time as last year say the 12th of may or maybe april

lol
12th of May is the only day I can't do.

Ill start a poll to nail down a month

Lets lock in 14th of April.
How does that sound

When is the Paddys Festival. The 14th I think is the Canbeera festival, Paddys the 21st??

Scotty

Yep, 21st paddy.jpg

I reckon it'd be good swapping the order so we start at the Manly pubs for brekky.

sounds like we;ll have two starts this year with those wanting to start further out kick off in Manly before joining the rest in the city around noon or so.

thanks
Bjorn

Back