2012 Esb Home Brew Competition - "the Good The Bad And The Ugly&q

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really anoyed with myself. Ive tried my ESB for the first time tonight.
It could do with another week or two in the bottle.
But as it stands I'm rather pleased with the result. I knew I wouldn't make it but it was so close.

I got a HC (40 points) at last years comp for the ESB. This years version was slightly modified based on the feedback.

Oh well that's competitions for you.

I'll eagerly await the results anyway..

BOG

Just a reminder to judges and stewards;

bring some warm clothing, it can be cold in the ESB shed in the morning.

we will aim to start at 9 am with general instructions, cup of tea/coffee and biscuits etc.

it is at the ESB Shop Lorraine St Peakhurst this year

lunch will be pizzas, if this is a real problem let me know ASAP

:icon_cheers:

Never mind, BOG, you will be up against my not ready ESB too! Darn winter.

good luck to all.

Just found out the NSW comp has been brought forward a month this year.

My not ready ESB may be still ok in 4weeks time. Every cloud etc etc

BOG

A bit early I know,but any results?

only that a good day was had,
a high standard of beers, a well run comp and a good bunch of people,
cheers Barry and Peter

Thankyou for your enquiry - I have found that some sleep between completing the results, then cross checking, should I hope minimise the chance of a stuff up.

That being said I have for all entrants some GOOD news, some BAD news and some very UGLY results.

A big thanks to The Brew Shop/ESB Brewing Supplies for providing the venue for this years judging, and the judges who gave of their time to assess the 90 entries.

Below are the results. Those of you who did not place should get your score sheets this week, (Post willing) the winners will need to wait for certificates etc

Thankyou all for entering.

Cheers

P1

View attachment 120715_ESB_GBU_Comp_Results.pdf

Nice work ESB, thanks for getting the results up quickly- the suspense was killing me...
Hope all involved had an enjoyable day.

Thanks Peter and Barry for organising and stewarding the whole day, it was a well run comp.

Also thanks to the ESBers and Brew Shop for sponsoring the prizes, very generous.

Congrats to Matt and Greg, well done!

Thanks to Barry and Peter for the organisation, thanks to the judges and also a big thanks to the sponsors.

Im pretty humbled to have received highest scoring beer amongst some quality brewers. Was planning on purchasing a new brewpot very soon, so that prize is a very welcome bonus, not to mention I'm running low on grain as well. Thanks heaps to all involved, well done again guys, you run a great comp down there and I'm privileged to have won a prize.

Cheers

A great big thank you to everyone involved in organising and judging this competition :icon_chickcheers:. and thanks to the sponsors for the prizes :icon_cheers:

Greg.

Thanks to Peter and Barry for all your fantastic organisation. Also to the judges, who put up with me sitting in on the judging especially Joe, Craig and Barles. Very much appreciated and I learnt a hell of a lot especially when judging those Robust Porters which was a tough one to finish off with.

Very happy with placing in the good section but as P1 will tell you, I had a few duds as well! Massive thanks to Col and Dave at ESB, great hosts and sponsors of the event. Support them all you can!

Chris

Just wanted to add my thanks to the organisers, judges, sponsors, etc. Scoresheets arrived today - what efficiency and the feedback is appreciated!

Congrats to Matt & Greg!

Col

For anyone who may be interested, I thought i would share my BOS brown porter recipe which can be found here...

LINK

Thanks Matt
I was on the panel for this one and it was a superb drop. I'm very keen to brew this

After seeing that Matt has shared his recipe, I thought I might add my Schwartzbier to the database.

Link

Greg

Recieved feedback sheets (very constructive comments) and a few awesome prizes. A massive brewpot that will be a welcome addition to the brewery. Can now do full double batches without the need for top up water. Thanks again to Peter and Barry for organising and a huge thanks to the sponsors expecially Colin and Dave from The Brew Shop.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back