2011 Nsw Special Case Swap - Tasting Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a couple of these the other night.
41. Petesbrew - Soul Glo Belgian inspired RIS (11.5%)
Petesbrew - Flanders Oud Bruin (8.5%) - US05 & WY3112 - Brettanomyces Bruxellensis - Bottled 9-5-11

The Oud Bruin had a decent carbonation. Nice burnt caramel malty flavours with a good amount of brett funk.

I enjoyed the Soul Glo also.

Thanks Pete.

I had a couple of these the other night.
41. Petesbrew - Soul Glo Belgian inspired RIS (11.5%)
Petesbrew - Flanders Oud Bruin (8.5%) - US05 & WY3112 - Brettanomyces Bruxellensis - Bottled 9-5-11

The Oud Bruin had a decent carbonation. Nice burnt caramel malty flavours with a good amount of brett funk.

I enjoyed the Soul Glo also.

Thanks Pete.
:drinks:
Hmm decent carbonation hey? I might try one again tonight.
Cheers Josh.

petes Flanders Oud Bruin.
just started on these. found two bottles of this. score
very nice mate just shared the bottle with the father in law. definitely brett but bloody delicious.
might try the soul glo next

Digging through the cellar today and found I had another bottle of Josh's Berlinner Weiss (no 54).

Wow, those extra 6 months in the cellar have really added to the beer. Nose is aged cheddar, fine white head, bright carb, very clear and light, almost effervescent. Then there's the flavour that's both sweet and sour. Incredibly drinkable and complex all at the same time.

Thanks again Josh.

This was a great swap.

Digging through the cellar today and found I had another bottle of Josh's Berlinner Weiss (no 54).

Wow, those extra 6 months in the cellar have really added to the beer. Nose is aged cheddar, fine white head, bright carb, very clear and light, almost effervescent. Then there's the flavour that's both sweet and sour. Incredibly drinkable and complex all at the same time.

Thanks again Josh.

This was a great swap.

Good to hear Grant. I have a plan to make a better version (along the lines of what Jess from Wyeast recommends) before next Summer. But I have to wait until I have my brewery set up. Currently between houses so not really brewing at the moment. Though I may get an English Ale down in the next week or so to keep me going while we're here.

Latest posts

Back