2010 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And there was some great variety too. I'm sure a few of our group had plenty more than me but I did surprise myself just a little when I took a look at the complete list of what I had.

I also wonder, Gulpa how are you, how was the extra BBQ? Me and barls had kentucky fried rat instead.

I though I posted yesterday but must have hit the wrong button. Thanks for the concern guys :icon_cheers: . Arrived home safely after going the long way home and taking a bit of a snooze on the train. Ill have to admit I was feeling a bit dusty yesterday - those damn barley wines :unsure: . Bit dissappointed with the peking duck. It should have been better.

Had a great day/evening and looking forward to the next one.

cheers
Andrew.

Syd,

there are a couple of brews there I've never heard of before!! care to share details of the following for those who couldn't make it:

Porridge with raisins and honey
Lamb roll
Artichoke Pizza + chips
Peking duck very enjoyable
KFC while waiting for bus

Which brewery makes em? Any ideas how they got that sort of flavour into a brew (specialty malts? or chinese hops?) Can we buy em from Dan Murphy's? LOL

Sorry I couldn't make it. Sounds like it was a top day!

Envious
Croz

Well I had a fantastic day also thanks to all who were there to enjoy the fun with me. I also woke up feeling well, must have been the food I consumed, the waters inbetween and sticking to 1/2 pints for the most part like a lightweight that I am.

I was mocked by many also for taking notes of my consumptions during the day.

Here is the resulting list of my day.

Porridge with raisins and honey for breakfast at home
Lowenbrau
Paulaner Dunkelweizen Pint
Lord Nelson
Victory Bitter pint
Double Espresso
Old Admiral pint
Nelson Blood Pint
Harts
Mermaid Bitter Pint
Hunter Valley Kolsh Pint
Lamb roll
Nirvana Pale pint
Belgian Bier Caf
Leffe Brune 330ml
McChouffe 750 bottle
Redoak
Strong extra special bitter 330ml
Nutter 330mL(more of a traveller than at the Redoak)
Taphouse
Mikeller Amarillo IPA 330mL
Artichoke Pizza + chips
Flying Dog Horndog barley wine 330ml
Lafin de monde a shared bottle (Cheers Gulpa)
Samuel Smith Oatmeal stout 330ml
Saison Dupont shared bottle (Cheers Barls).
Random Chinese seafood restaurant
Peking duck very enjoyable(Cheers again Gulpa)
KFC while waiting for bus.

Gulpa, good to see you made it home safe, after your efforts in exiting the taxi :p

I'd write a list of what I drank, but I'm sure I'd forget a few, I believe I was at 2L when I left the lowenbrau....

I though I posted yesterday but must have hit the wrong button. Thanks for the concern guys :icon_cheers: . Arrived home safely after going the long way home and taking a bit of a snooze on the train. Ill have to admit I was feeling a bit dusty yesterday - those damn barley wines :unsure: . Bit dissappointed with the peking duck. It should have been better.

Had a great day/evening and looking forward to the next one.

cheers
Andrew.

No worries, glad you made it safe.

I thought the duck was pretty good, never having had it before. It was a seafood restaurant after all :p
Syd,

there are a couple of brews there I've never heard of before!! care to share details of the following for those who couldn't make it:

Porridge with raisins and honey
Lamb roll
Artichoke Pizza + chips
Peking duck very enjoyable
KFC while waiting for bus

Which brewery makes em? Any ideas how they got that sort of flavour into a brew (specialty malts? or chinese hops?) Can we buy em from Dan Murphy's? LOL

Sorry I couldn't make it. Sounds like it was a top day!

Envious
Croz

I am sure that the Samuel Smith Stout at the end would be a good base recipe to start to experiment with oatmeal and raisins in a recipe Phil. They were left over from a mash went wrong (I think the temp from the microwave got too high), would have been a shame to see them wasted.

Everyone knows a good lamb roll goes hand in hand with high alcohol consumption, had to live up to cultural expectations.

I am sure I read something on AHB about potato beer, the artichoke may add too much vegetal aroma though, best to leave that out.

Well I am sure the Chinese hops would be a great place to start for the Peking duck.

My next brew may include 11 secret herbs and spices.

See you in a few weeks mate.

I'd write a list of what I drank, but I'm sure I'd forget a few, I believe I was at 2L when I left the lowenbrau....

That's why I kept a list, which you among others ridiculed me for :p

I decided to list my whole day rather than just the beers I drank.

Cool! :) Good to put a face to the name, I was thinking that was you. Dont know why...probably cause you look the closest one to what I look like, except u have more hair!! hahaha...where did all my hair go!!

This is me:
http://www.facebook.com/rendulic

Hope to be at the next AHB piss up.

Rendo

I'll leave to those who were there to put their names on a pic if they want.
Happy for you to use the pics as long as anyone in them don't post otherwise here :)

I'm the one with the drunken look on my face and no beard in this one!

View attachment 38051

thanks
Bjorn

Lowenbrau brekky
15052010_001_.jpg

Dark Rabbit and Old Regret @ Harts
15052010_004_.jpg

Rochefort 10
15052010_005_.jpg

I honestly can't remember at that point, but that Gueze aint mine.
15052010_006_.jpg

4 mugs
15052010_008_.jpg
Pretty sure my drinking order went as follows:
Lowenbrau
Mangoweizen
Franzi Dunkelweizen

Lord Nelson
Quayle Ale
Nelsons Blood

Harts
Paddys Old Regret
Chestnut Lager
Dark Rabbit

Belgian Bier Cafe
Rochefort 10
Leffe Veille Cuvee (I think? It was in the book, not the menu)
something else? I honestly cant remember at that point... I think it may have been Bourgogne Des Flandres Brune...

Last pic's

3sm.jpg
4sm.jpg
5sm.jpg
DSCF9257.JPG
DSCF9265.JPG
DSCF9269.JPG
DSCF9268.JPG
Odd taste that Belgian? I wonder if Bjorn is right afterall?!

Pete

and to the winner of glass collecting goes the spoils
07012008158.jpg

Back