2010 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schooey

Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread yet, and a few people have asked me about it, so I thought I'd kick one off...

I guess we need to decide on a date first, and then I imagine the route will follow it's usual path;

Lowenbrau for brekky
Lord Nelson
Australian
Harts Pub
Belgian/s
Redoak
Macquarie
Tap House

Followed by a late night lamb sandwich, a schoone of something horrible at the bar at central and a couple of hours kip on the train home, rudley interrupted by a ticket inspector.

This is usually towards the end of April or the first few weeks of May, so the dates are;

24th April (possible Anzac clashes for the next day)
1st May
8th May
15th May
22nd May

At this stage, they're all good for me. So let's see what the consensus is...

I'm in. :party:

Probably best to avoid the April one due to potential Anzac Day issues, early May might work well.

Route looks perfect. :beer:

Early/mid May should be ok. The early morning Franzikaner went down well at Lowenbrau but the actual breakfast was disappointing in a recent excursion. ymmv. Perhaps Harts could put on a decent lunch for us instead of the Aust ? Then taxi from Redoak to Macq Schooey ??

:)

Dependant upon work/childcare I'm in.

im in. Someone has 2 hold up fatz at the end me the afternoon

I'm in for sure (date pending),
There's also the bavarian.

Also the following, but out of the way/not worth it.
World Square pub, a sad shade of it's former self (equilibrium)
Pumphouse

im in. Someone has 2 hold up fatz at the end me the afternoon

I resemble that remarks! All things being equal, I'm there. Harts should be on the agenda - if its no good we can bag /// for months!

Ill be in again Schooey,

I think any date will be fine, Ill find a way to work around it.

If I have to vote, mid may.

Hi Schooey,

Im up for it as well. I can probably work with most dates but may would be preferable - so I can have breakfast maibocks at the Lowenbrau.

cheers
Andrew.

May 15 is best for me. No work Sunday.

May 8 is also okay, but I have to work the Sunday afternoon.

May 1 is bad as I work Sunday morning. (I'd still come along for a bit)

I might be in for this depending on the date! Would be good to meet some of the Sydney AHB people!

With regards to the pumphouse, it's not *that* far out of the way when going from the redoak to the macquarie, and it would be a worthwhile addition to the crawl IMO.

Early/mid May should be ok. The early morning Franzikaner went down well at Lowenbrau but the actual breakfast was disappointing in a recent excursion. ymmv. Perhaps Harts could put on a decent lunch for us instead of the Aust ? Then taxi from Redoak to Macq Schooey ??

:)
Umm, you're not gonna go "Taxi driver" on the taxi driver again are you?

HarryB, you might see some of the locals on the train. pm me for a mobile number, if you want.

Goodonya Schooey

Looking forward to it. Will bring a few fella's along again. Set the date early so that I can lock it in.

Suggest that we don't add too many stops. They won't all get a visit. The Taphouse is more worthy than the Pumphouse IMHO

MD

NB: I Changed user-name since last year to avoid confusion from having too many 'Doc's'

Seems the consensus is around May 15th, so lets lock it in shall we?

Sounds good to me, I'll apply for annual leave from work for the 15/16th

WOOOOO HHHOOOOOOO.........

Im in....suppose Mell(Little Squares) will be too.

Have we forgotten the wheelchair yet???

I am not going with such a pissy load of buggers .

Pumpy ;)

you'll be there pumpy im sure of it.

Back