2006 Nsw Xmas Case (december)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A special Malt Shovel brew Gerard, or a Dogbolter ?
I hope you have browny point so you can brew this weekend so you are ready for the swap.

Beers,
Doc

A special Malt Shovel brew Gerard, or a Dogbolter ?
I hope you have browny point so you can brew this weekend so you are ready for the swap.
Beers,
Doc

This week is going to be spent getting the garage into shape for brewing. New water filter will need a run & the brewstand takes about 10 minutes to put together.Getting non-brewing stuff out of the garage will be a challenge. Should get something into a fermentor by Friday week. It was going to be an APA, but the Yanks banned Vegemite (which they own) so I am boycotting as much U.S made stuff as I can. No Coke will be tough, so I will drink beer, although no JS Golden Ale as it contains the very over rated Amarillo. I find it a tad boring.
I am leaning towards a Firkin Bitter, might even get the Hop Back out for a run. I have a cube of Bolter as back up. I think bottles are sorted, although it will be the first time that I have ever washed a bottle!

I have been taking my 10 litre keg to cricket on a Sat arvo for post match reflection. The ND Pale Ale has been a huge hit, but I am going to do the Firkin Best @ around the 3.5 % mark for the guys, just to be on the safe side.

Cheers
Gerard

gerard you still didnt say whether or not you need the bottles ... please inform if you dont need them im gonna hide them under the house if you do great theyre yours ....

BTW i think the aussies actually bought back vegemite recently off the seppo's

have we settled on a date for the swappage yet , have trawled through most of this thread and didnt see one , and where is the drop off point at ???

NSW XMas Case Deadlines and Dropoffs.

If there are no objections, the deadline to have your beers submitted at your nearest drop off point is Friday December 1. Based on the prior two swaps, the breakdown would be something like this.

Newcastle Drop Off At MHB's.

Goatherder
Trent
Chilled
Keith
n00ch
Stephen
Les the Weizguy

Southern Sydney Drop Off:

Homebrewworld.com
mikem108
Beer Slayer
Linz
Barry
POL - I assume you'll send to Linz again?

Direct at my joint:

Duff
Doc
Hopsta
Thommo
Berto
Nifty
Gerard_M
Josh

So that leaves the following. Could you please advise your preferred drop off point.

Stuster
DJR
Barramundi
T.D
Philmac
Crozdog
Shonky

Time for some volunteers:

1. Could we have a volunteer to be the Southern Sydney drop off locale.
2. Could we have a volunteer to transport to my place from southern Sydney and return.

As the Newcastle boys have advised that they will do the run direct to my joint, let's aim to have all the beers here on Saturday December 2. We can then do the sort in one hit. Might even be able to fire up the BBQ and have one or two ales as we go. If the courier from southern Sydney to here is free, then the beers will be back at the southern drop off point by Saturday afternoon. Collection from my place can then happen either then on Saturday or Sunday.

A reminder, please only label your contribution with the number corresponding with your name on the list.

Look forward to it. :party:

I'm happy to drop off directly. I'll also volunteer to transport the ISB guys' beers and any others in the Inner West area if that would be helpful.

I will be suitably equipped to provide transport for T.D, Croz, DJR, Stuster.
Cheers
Gerard

Castle Hill way, barra. I'm sure something can be sorted out for your bottles. The southern Sydney drop off is probably easier for you?

I'm happy to be a pick up/drop off for the greater west. Is it only Nifty and I this far out? St Marys etc.

probaly so stu , do have to make a trip out to the hills soon though , see how it pans out in the next week or so ...

so i hereby add my name to the southern sydney group....

I'll do the run again(assuming Im still working for this mob).....just need a pick up point out south way. Maybe the ISB boys could put up a point??

Linz and southerns

Im happy to be the drop off point for the southern guys.
However Ive moved address from Bexley to Hurstville.
If that is suitable for the southern guys, Im happy to be the drop of point again
Just let me know!

Cheers

BS

Great, thanks Linz and Beer Slayer. Drop off points are as follows.

Newcastle Drop Off At MHB's.

Goatherder
Trent
Chilled
Keith
n00ch
Stephen
Les the Weizguy

Southern Sydney Drop Off At Beer Slayer's:

Homebrewworld.com
mikem108
Beer Slayer
Linz
Barry
POL - I assume you'll send to Linz again?
Barramundi
Shonky

Direct at my joint:

Duff
Doc
Hopsta
Thommo
Berto
Nifty
Gerard_M
Josh
Stuster
DJR
T.D
Crozdog
Philmac

Cheers.

Shonky is probably closest for a Southern Sydney dropoff at Beer Slayers.

Beers,
Doc

I may actualy submit the famous ND Pale Ale as my Xmas case beer. It is the very same beer to Gerard's cricket brew. It was brewed on my big 150L system up in the Hunter Valley. I even have a groovy label organised showing the stainless 44gal boiler!

I brewed the Mongrel Ale on the weekend, so if anything goes wrong with the NDPA then that will be my backup.

I'll be happy to get mine to Duff's.

Duff, could you please PM me your address and a contact phone number?

Cheers,
Phil

Latest posts

Back